Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] No Oil pressure after oil cooler

Draimond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
Most of the fittings are aeroflow, purchased from a race parts store in person.
There's 4 eBay looking fittings that came with the cooler from maxpeedingrods. They look like copies of the US speed flow fittings.

It should be 60psi with the stock filter housing, but I've got the BBG oil distro which increases the pressure bypass threshold.

Draimond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
Something I haven't tried yet is getting up near the rev limiter and checking peak oil pressure.

So making oil pressure isn't like boost pressure is it, where load really helps to make peak psi.
So if I just get everything warmed up, maybe have someone keep an eye on the hoses under the hood and take the revs up over 5k in neutral and hold for a second or two, I should see peak oil pressure right?

Just thinking I haven't tested that and I'd rather not take it over 4k rpm for the first time on the track just to find problems I could have fixed earlier.

Last edited:

Draimond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
The oil lines came off again on the highway recently. Looks like the inner rubber of the 100 series hose backed out while the compression fitting held onto just the outside braiding.

The connections that failed experience heat and regular movement as the engine rocks on the engine mounts.

I've binned all the aeroflow compression fittings and the 100 series hoses.

I'm now using raceworks barb fittings and raceworks pushlock hose with hose clamps. Feeling much more confident now.

Side note, race cars break a bunch right... We can all agree on that. Stuff goes wrong and you have to be able to fix stuff in the pits etc.
So why would anyone use a hose connector that requires a vice and a grinder to make up a new hose connection... Try making 100 series + compression fitting hoses on the side of the highway with hand tools. You just cant with confidence. It's for this reason I'll never use or recommend them ever again.

Attachments

• PXL_20230603_031547975.jpg
    PXL_20230603_031547975.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 75

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I use 200 series and that fibreglass thermal heat sheilding where required on oil lines, Raceworks is my go to nowdays, I wouldn't use Aeroflow stuff on anything anymore, I've only had bad experiences from their products, their fittings especially