Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No power at ECU in VE

VE clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE clubsport
Yeah I thought that might be the case, I did notice yesterday afternoon though that since I’ve put that wire from pin 86 on the power train relay to ground I’m now getting a code on the dash “engine immobilised”. Code wasn’t there before.
So if I can get someone out to clear this code now while it’s up do you think that could potentially power all the other fuses again?

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
What DTC's ?

VE clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE clubsport
So today’s update,
I’ve just borrowed an ecu from my mate that owns a local wreckers, plugged it into my car and I now have power at my ecu and ignition fuses. There are still a few fuses without power but I’m thinking this is just because this ecu will be locked to a different car as it is still throwing the immobiliser code on my dash.
So once I replace the ecu and get my tuner out here with his laptop to clear the immobiliser code fingers crossed all is good.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Nice !! Well not a desirerable outcome but found what the cause was, hopefully all good after the ECU replacement.:cool:

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Just ONE other thing I noticed going over all this again, I mentioned it in my first post, in this pic.......
FuseboxTelltales.jpg
The fusebox has two telltales or "markers" that show you wheather or not the the plugs beneath the fuse panel are correctly and FULLY seated or screwed in the right amount.

The attached pic (I have circled them in orange), shows the lower telltale (or righthand one if standing at the front of the engine bay) is showing that the fuse panel is not fully home in the fuse box.

The upper (or lefthand one if standing at the front of the engine bay) looks like it is in the correct amount.

Cross threading of the fuse panel screws may cause this which in turn causes connection issues.

Just thought i would mention that.
I would be checking this first before going off to get a new ECM.

Last edited:

Jomai08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Just ONE other thing I noticed going over all this again, I mentioned it in my first post, in this pic.......
View attachment 198935
The fusebox has two telltales or "markers" that show you wheather or not the the plugs beneath the fuse panel are correctly and FULLY seated or screwed in the right amount.

The attached pic (I have circled them in orange), shows the lower telltale (or righthand one if standing at the front of the engine bay) is showing that the fuse panel is not fully home in the fuse box.

The upper (or lefthand one if standing at the front of the engine bay) looks like it is in the correct amount.

Cross threading of the fuse panel screws may cause this which in turn causes connection issues.

Just thought i would mention that.
I would be checking this first before going off to get a new ECM.
How do we fully seat that?

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
How do we fully seat that?

FuseboxTelltales.jpg

You got to make sure the fuse panel connectors are clipped into the lower fuse box before cliping the top fuse box on top, then wind/screw the connectors up into the fuse box with two 10mm screws next to the orange telltale markers. The markers should look the same as the top one in the pic.

Been a while since I've taken a VE underhood fuse panel apart.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the screws holding the two sections together are designed to free spin once located properly, all surrounding clips on the outside will clip in also holding it together

Jomai08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
View attachment 213001

You got to make sure the fuse panel connectors are clipped into the lower fuse box before cliping the top fuse box on top, then wind/screw the connectors up into the fuse box with two 10mm screws next to the orange telltale markers. The markers should look the same as the top one in the pic.

Been a while since I've taken a VE underhood fuse panel apart.
Ive check mine and the telltale is not fully sitted maybe thats one of the reason why im having inconsistent voltage reading from the alternator cause i have check the alternator and battery and it is good