Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no power to ECU

D

Du`ranain

went to see the terminal a few nights ago, nice movie, but as i'm leaving the car park, my engine shits itself and dies. checked it out, seems to be no power to the coil, the engine turns, but nothing else.

got it towed the next morning, and when i get it back home, i check it some more. turnes out, there's no power to the ECU, can't check the fault codes, can't do crap. tried it with my housemates ECU, still nothing. not a sausage. any ideas? sounds a bit like the problems in here http://forums.justcommodores.com/showthread.php?t=4025 to me, but mine wont go after any amount of time.

Spin

Reaction score
G'day mate. Based on previous experience, i would suggest that before you begin spending money on trying new bits hoping to find the right one......take her to an auto electrician. Get him to identify eggackery which part is at fault, pay him then buy the new part. It will save a lot of time and money in the long run. There is so many individule parts that can cause the same symptoms as you have adn finding which one it is is hard.

D

Du`ranain

i replaced the coil with one from a mates car and everything worked perfectly for a few days, then it died again. it got vandalised as i left it after it broke down overnight, i was going to come back the next day and fix it, but some arseholes decided to jump all over my roof and steal my stereo. i haven't been near it for about 2 weeks now, but i just went outside and put in another new coil and it seemed to work fine. so my guess is something is overloading the coil and killing it, but i dunno what. any ideas?

Luke phillips

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Commodore
I had a locksmith come around to program keys on my 2008 ve commodore but he couldnt finish the coding because he said the ecu isnt getting power, theres no dash lights on or anything except for the security light. Can anybody give some advice?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I had a locksmith come around to program keys on my 2008 ve commodore but he couldnt finish the coding because he said the ecu isnt getting power, theres no dash lights on or anything except for the security light. Can anybody give some advice?

Try asking in a new thread in the VE section instead of a 14 year old thread in the VL section, you'll get a much better more accurate response.