Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no power to my fuel pump

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 commodore&vs v6 91 hilux 4x4
i have fitted a ecotec into my hilux 4x4 any way i have all the wiring swaped from the vs into the hilux and no power to what i think should be the f/p purple wire i got a memcal from ebay set with no vats
engine turns over by the key is there any way i can check that ive given power to the right wires.
i have spent hour on the loom befor and after fitting and running out of ideas
if the engine is turning over shouldnt there be power to every thing

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
constant power to A8 and B8 switched power to E9 and A4

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The violet or(purple) wire goes from the fuel pump relay to the fuel pump.The ECU switches on the fuel pump via this fuel pump relay, and theres a Green/white wire that goes from ther ECU connector terminal A6, to the fuel pump relay for for switching the fuel pump relay.The fuel pump relay gets its main power feed for the fuel pump from an Orange wire that goes to the fuel pump fuse under the bonnet(on a commodore anyway).
Theres also a backup power supply to the fuel pump if the ECU dies.If the ECU is stuffed, and goes into limp home mode,the fuel pump will then get its power from the oil pressure sensor on the engine instead of the fuel pump relay..

Last edited:

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok thank ill have a look and get back to you
on the wiring loom there is a plug just up from the ecu is that the check engine plug

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
the larg pink and red ign relay wires are not needed in my case are they

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the plug just along from the ecu has everything on it ignition feed to turn ecu on ,check engine light circuit and diagnostic port wiring for checking codes speedo and other things

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
well im a long way off then as i have no wires goin to that plug as i have only studyed what is in the engine bay .
i have ign power goin to a fuse in the engine bay and run all fuse 10 would be power to that such
but the fuse/relay box from the vs has most relays briged with pink wires .
so i should go to the wreckers and get an under dash loom that has that plug on it

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha yeah ecu wont be turning on at all.you should have 1 relay that powers the injectors and DFI module under the coils one for the fuel pump and one for fans thats about it for relays

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
really my wiring seems a little more complex than that not by my me i just found its harder to put it back after cutting it off

91luxy

Reaction score
Members Ride
mybe i should go back to the drawing bord so can you help me with power/relay/fuses to this plug as i could not find the wires in the manuel