Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No servicing will void my warranty?

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi all

I have a Director that I purchased new in August 2017 and I had its first service done in March 2018 which included the rocker arm replacement.

The car has only travelled 130k's as I have only driven it twice since I purchased it, once to get tinted windows and the second time was to have the service performed.

Does anyone know that if I don't get it serviced regularly whether that voids my cars warranty? I do wish to retain the full 7 year warranty that was supplied with the car.

I don't expect to put more than 50k's on it this year and that is assuming I do take it for a drive!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
You are still required to service it every 9 months. What a waste of a car not being driven...
Who are you saving it for ? Someone else ?

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
You are still required to service it every 9 months. What a waste of a car not being driven...
Who are you saving it for ? Someone else ?

Hi

Thanks for your reply. It is just part of my collection but will be nice to bring it out in 20 years time and have a mint condition Director on the road that still needs to stop at a petrol station to keep going every 500k's when most other cars will be electric powered!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Hi

Thanks for your reply. It is just part of my collection but will be nice to bring it out in 20 years time and have a mint condition Director on the road that still needs to stop at a petrol station to keep going every 500k's when most other cars will be electric powered!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

The body and interior might be in mint condiiton, but I would think the running gear, esp rubber seals, brake lines, suspension bushes etc might be otherwise given their lack of use.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The way things are going, assuming petrol availability in 20 years may be a stretch ...

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The way things are going, assuming petrol availability in 20 years may be a stretch ...

There bloddy better be petrol available in 20 years. Daily'd my last car for near on 19 years, this one needs to beat that !!!

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yet you don't know about servicing requirements relative to warranty?...sounds legit..

Hi

I have no idea what you are getting at, please enlighten me on how your post refers to cars built in the 60's, 70's. 80's and 90's that are part of my collection. The Director is unique in the sense it has a warranty that is currently valid.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Last edited by a moderator:

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
The Director is unique in the sense it has a warranty that is currently valid.

Which won't be if you don't service it every nine months or 15000kms....whichever comes first (note that bit about 'whichever comes first'..it's also in your owners manual..pays to read it..)

I have no idea what you are getting at, please enlighten me on how your post refers to cars built in the 60's, 70's. 80's and 90's that are part of my collection. The Director is unique in the sense it has a warranty that is currently valid.

I'm 'getting at' the fact that someone who claims to have a collection of cars should have some basic idea of how servicing requirements relate to maintaining a valid warranty..this would have been true for all those other cars in your 'collection' when they were new as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180507-214722_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20180507-214722_Google.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 347