Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No spare tyre with redline ute. Where to mount spare?

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
Hey guys well Im pretty happy with my ute that ive had for a year now... I believe the redline was designed for track with its brembos and such thefore not coming with a spare tyre.. It does come with the sealant kit but however I do travel down the coast with my girlfriend on holidays regulary. And the problem is if I get a flat and repair it with the repair kit... its a 500KM drive home from the repair.... If I did manage to find a tyre shop down south another problem is finding the tyre to match the other three...

I want to know what my best option would be and what other redline owners have done in this situation? Im thinking of buying another redline spare wheel and chucking on a cheap tyre...

Im not sure where the typical ve ss ute has their spare mounted? underneath the chassis I would suppose? Would there be a mount to do on the redline??

Advice please...

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
what size rims are they, maybe get an 18'' space saver of ebay and put it behind the passenger seat ( that's a guess)
if the standard VF utes store their spare in the traditional place ,then you should be able to put one there,
the ute spare wheel hoist can be bought and installed .

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Due to the Brembo's, you'll need a Redline, or HSV spare wheel for clearance.

Neither of those wheels will fit in a 'standard' ute wheel carrier mounted under the rear chassis.

You can either throw the spare in the back of the ute, or go to the expense of getting a complete Maloo carrier assembly. The Maloo carrier is deeper than the standard Holden version(for an 8.5" wheel), but because of that, you have to jack the ute slightly for clearance, to drag the carrier out from underneath it...

Hope that helps.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Due to the Brembo's, you'll need a Redline, or HSV spare wheel for clearance.

Neither of those wheels will fit in a 'standard' ute wheel carrier mounted under the rear chassis.

You can either throw the spare in the back of the ute, or go to the expense of getting a complete Maloo carrier assembly. The Maloo carrier is deeper than the standard Holden version(for an 8.5" wheel), but because of that, you have to jack the ute slightly for clearance, to drag the carrier out from underneath it...

Hope that helps.

Is it brembos on the front? If so you would be able to swap a rear wheel for the front and put spare on rear

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Is it brembos on the front? If so you would be able to swap a rear wheel for the front and put spare on rear
Aren't they 275 on the rears ? That might be a problem.

Get a smaller 205, 215, 225 or 235 spare.