Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No spark - can someone help me fix it?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
OK don't say I don't look after you :)

This is whith nothing removed, just as the car is

1st picture showing ease of access from the top while managing torch/camera/touching coil with other hand

2nd picture showing access from the side, room everywhere

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• coileasy.jpg
    coileasy.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 311
  • coieasy2.jpg
    coieasy2.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 285

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
It really IS easy to get to :p You can wrestle most of the hoses out of the way.

If the engine is actually really close to the firewall, you could have collapsed engine mounts :)

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
haha i bet you're never going to answer another one of my questions again. i'm just hopeless. i really do appreciate it though.

maybe this is why i was having trouble, new coil has a different design. same part number though so it's not the wrong one. maybe i can face it towards the passenger side, the lead from the dizzy is long enough.

newcoil.jpg

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Ah I see what you mean with the terminals being the other way around, it shouldn't make any difference tho, screw the wires on first so you can move it to anywhere it needs to be to get the wires on easy, then mount it to the manifold

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
eliporter.jpg

CAR IS RUNNING! only took me about an hour to get the coil back in as opposed to three taking it out! i just shoved it in there not giving a crap about anything else and there it is. one of the slide in terminals is a bit iffy - seems like it could be tighter. i tried crushing it a bit but that didn't help. hopefully it doesn't make too much of a difference.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP, especially jason who puts up with my crap on msn every night :p

should i wait until i get a new module before i drive it?

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I would get a new module, sounds like stocky has a theory on the cracks so lets see what hes got to say :)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
the cracks in mine were hairline. could hardly notice them, but they cause all the electricity to earth out on whatever its mounted to. in my case, it was the firewall. probably just caused from vibration, so i doubt the module will be an issue. i replaced my coil about 6 months ago, and its still going fine with the same module