Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no spark

Matty o

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU SS UTE
hey i was wondering if anyone knew y my vn isnt starting, it has no spark for some reason, all i did was take the battery out then put it back in now i got nothin. some have suggested the dfi or crank angle sensor. any help would be appreciated. thanx.

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
pour some cold water over the crank angle sensor, (located behind the harmonic balancer(biggest pully)) and wait half a minute and start it, if it is the crank angle sensor then it will start but needs to be replace, other than that try somone elses coil pack

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh mate sounds like a coil pack hey

like whats been said could also be
crank angle sensor
dfi module
battery??

cheers
ryan

Matty o

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU SS UTE
apparnetly its not the coil coz if it was then it would start but miss fire also. i tryed the battery in 2 different cars and it wont start either of em. yea its just not starting at all.

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
Well, if you tried the batt in two different cars, and it started neither, you might almost think your battery could be a little rooted

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
do you mean you tried to other batteries to start yours and it still dont start? but the batteries will start the cars you took them out of? does it crank over at all? does it make any sort of noises? any dash lights? is it an auto or manual? did it start before you took the battery out?