Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Spark

M

minafota

After wrapping the front end of my Vl around some trees, i set about the long process of rebuilding, with no engine damage and the engine still running after the accident, and starting up a few times thereafter, one day to my dismay the old girl did not start. The starter cranks fine and it really does try to kick over, But there is just no spark from the plugs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im thinking maybe new ignition coil?

D

drift3l

try a new coil, the crank angle sensor in the distributor can be damaged internaly even though it doesn't look like it, it uses an optical eye with a sloted disc telling position.

M

minafota

Im not really familiar with the purpose of the crank angle sensor, if its damaged in any way does it prevent the car from starting?, beacuse i think that might be it as the sensor looks pretty worse for wear.

D

drift3l

the crank angle sensor tells the computer what the position of the pistons are in the cylinder, where the pistons are determines when the computer sends the spark from the coil. if its not sending spark at the right time of the cycle it won't run. also if the sensor isn't reading at all, its not sending spark at all. did you try the coil?

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
after you check the sensor, have a look at the dissy, make sure it's actually spinning, it's fair enough to say it's all turning over, but you wanna make sure it's not snapped internaly or something like that. your crankangle sensor realy wont cause a problem with the no spark, all it does is tells the car where the pistion is so it can fire at the right time, if the sensor is buggered, you will still have spark, if your dissy is nakered it wont fire at all, if your coil is gone, you will find only 3 out of the for spark's will fire. or, do what most people dont do, check to see your realy from your computer is actually working,