Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No surprise

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Those figures are fantastic good on them....doesn’t mean they are of any quality; just ask anyone who has owned them. The “fact” is that in our market SUVs have taken over and big sedans just don’t cut it anymore. General Motors “have” pulled out of the RHD market; plenty of articles telling you just that.

So all those Opel sales going to people who prefer to throw their cash away on poor quality cars, those people should be talking to you for advice, it makes me wonder who it is that really has their wires crossed.

The company that owns Opel is now the second biggest manufacturer in Europe and growing along with Opel and I wouldn't think they care what GM are doing anymore given that GM is basically old school and also seen as a bit of a dinosaur even in it's own parent country.

GM passenger car sales decreased 30.5% in 2019, their truck sales including pickups went down by 2%, their crossover SUV sales went up 12.7% and the sale of their full size SUV's went down as did the company share price.

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
So all those Opel sales going to people who prefer to throw their cash away on poor quality cars, those people should be talking to you for advice, it makes me wonder who it is that really has their wires crossed.

The company that owns Opel is now the second biggest manufacturer in Europe and growing along with Opel and I wouldn't think they care what GM are doing anymore given that GM is basically old school and also seen as a bit of a dinosaur even in it's own parent country.

GM passenger car sales decreased 30.5% in 2019, their truck sales including pickups went down by 2%, their crossover SUV sales went up 12.7% and the sale of their full size SUV's went down as did the company share price.
GM once owned Opel up until 2017....they sold it for a reason

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yes i found it on google a place in queensland does the conversions but not cheap at first glance
I have seen two in Sydney; maybe they came from QLD

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I was under the impression that you took the colorado you paid 50k+ for to a company like harrop and paid them about 40k for a ls3 conversion.

The sports cats around here are all 2.8l and have an option for a walkinshaw pack which is a tune of about 20% extra power and some stickers plus a hat.
Maybe so...Speaking to the HSV dealer at Liverpool and apparently you could order them from factory with the LS3...it was an option

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Got a link ?
Read below....it’s there for you to read. You could go through HSV and have them upgrade or as I was told by the dealer at Livo they were an order option...

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
A LS3 HSV Sportscat ? Do tell which HSV dealer sells those. Or are you mistaken (again) about the Harrop Superado.
Here he is the expert....

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
FIGJAM your a goose....what do you do mate; read a post hit google and your an expert....in Sth West Sydney mate your known as a wanker...

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
FIGJAM your a goose....what do you do mate; read a post hit google and your an expert....in Sth West Sydney mate your known as a wanker...

Nice.

When losing an argument resort to verbal abuse.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Maybe so...Speaking to the HSV dealer at Liverpool and apparently you could order them from factory with the LS3...it was an option

I just spoke to hsv and they said they didnt have a v8 option on the sports cat so it is my guess the guys you spoke to take the $69k 4cyl sports cat to harrop and get them to do a conversion and probably charge you 50k for that making the total cost for it around 120k+ and that puts it up in the price range of the silverado which is crazy.

Still referencing the 2.8l sports cat, it is a waste of money for essentially a normal colorado.