Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

noise after installing 69mm throttle body??

hoofelmuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 3.8L
i after switching the car off, it makes a hissing noise for about 2 seconds, would this be the restrictor put in one of the tubes or could this be some thing bad?

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
define hissing like an idution noise hiss if so its just letting the excess air out

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
The motor is under vacuum at idle from the T/B to the heads. When you turn the motor off the vacuum equalizes back to atmospheric pressure. Its just the sound of the vacuum equalizing back through the T/B.

hoofelmuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 3.8L
cheers man, thats a relief

hoofelmuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 3.8L
also i was wondering if somthing is rong. ive noticed it changes gear at 2000rpm, were before the mod it would change at 2500-2700. i have to really put my foot down 4 it get past 2000. its almost like it gets stuck there. also has trouble starting on a clod start, neva had that problem b4. its an ecotech 3.8l auto with a 12mm plenum spacer, 2 hole mod k&n air filter and at the same time i did the throttle body i changed spark plug leads to 8mm

MACE

Reaction score
also i was wondering if somthing is rong. ive noticed it changes gear at 2000rpm, were before the mod it would change at 2500-2700. i have to really put my foot down 4 it get past 2000. its almost like it gets stuck there. also has trouble starting on a clod start, neva had that problem b4. its an ecotech 3.8l auto with a 12mm plenum spacer, 2 hole mod k&n air filter and at the same time i did the throttle body i changed spark plug leads to 8mm

hoofelmuma,

If you've installed our TB exactly to these fitting instructions http://www.maceengineering.com.au/W...218/E0C0/THROTTLEBODY_ECOTEC_INSTALLATION.pdf then there is definitely a problem with the TB if you're experiencing cold start issues etc. Please keep us posted and we'll take it from there.

Cheers
Steve

hoofelmuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 3.8L
hey

yeah i followed those instructions. yesterday i repeted disconecting the batt, rev it up and conect again. so far i have noticed it starts up all good during on a cold start but when i was on my way to work i found i had to push the brake harder to stop at the lights. when ideling it revs up to 1500-2000 rpm in drive and in netural it revs to 2500. when i switch the car of and on again the ideling revs go back to normal 650- 750 rpm. was wondering if a tune or memcal would fix my problems or should i take out the 69mm tb and replace it with stock then wait till i get more done to the car b4 puting it back in?

hoofelmuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 3.8L
also dont no if this has any thing to do with my problem but when taking off stock tb we broke the cruse control clip so 4 now just got it cable tyed off out of the way lol. its next on the list when i get payed

MACE

Reaction score
hey

yeah i followed those instructions. yesterday i repeted disconecting the batt, rev it up and conect again. so far i have noticed it starts up all good during on a cold start but when i was on my way to work i found i had to push the brake harder to stop at the lights. when ideling it revs up to 1500-2000 rpm in drive and in netural it revs to 2500. when i switch the car of and on again the ideling revs go back to normal 650- 750 rpm. was wondering if a tune or memcal would fix my problems or should i take out the 69mm tb and replace it with stock then wait till i get more done to the car b4 puting it back in?

Is the check engine light coming on by any chance? To me the symptoms you're experiencing are a faulty TPS, vacuum leak (is the O ring in the IAC valve?) or a faulty TB. If you can verify that the TPS is good and that there are no vacuum leaks (no hoses disconnected o ring on the IAC valve) send the TB back up and we'll get you out another one ASAP :)

Cheers
Steve

hoofelmuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 3.8L
hey

i replaced the tps and iac with stock and so far so good. the only thing i dont like is that it changes gear earlyer is there a way to change it or is that just wot happens