Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Noise in back of driver seat

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Fairly recently this noise has started everytime i lean back into the seat then lean forward agian. It's like a click - clack noise.
It's a series 1 Berlina with a over 200k's on it. The noise seems to be connected with the lumbar support. If i wind up the lumbar support to the max it goes away... Yay, but i get a sore back lol.

Has anyone had this same noise before? Is there a fix for it or should i put up with it or replace the seat from a wrecker ???
Other than this is drives great and has very few noises.

Rob.....

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM STATO
I have the same noise in the driver and passengers seat. It is almost like it is sticking and unsticking. Haven't got the time right now to pull the seat apart and troubleshoot it but I'm interested to hear if anyone else has a fix

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Temporarily I've fixed mine by cranking up the lumbar support to near maximum. I guess this must hold the foam away from that glue just by luck!

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I will try it just didn't want to break the plastic back off until someone like you figured out how to get it off and see what's inside. Thanks for your efforts !

Freddy Kruger

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SS UTE
Digging this up from 2016...

My Ute has been doing this and it has been pissing me off so hard.

The noise is in the back of the seat, not the base, and it does sound AND FEEL like glue being stuck and unstuck. The great thing is Captain Commodore has edited his replies and hidden the fix...

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Digging this up from 2016...

My Ute has been doing this and it has been pissing me off so hard.

The noise is in the back of the seat, not the base, and it does sound AND FEEL like glue being stuck and unstuck. The great thing is Captain Commodore has edited his replies and hidden the fix...
Yeah and I forget what he said to do dam it!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Probably the fuel pump, as it’s located under the back seat on the drivers side.

Last edited: