Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Noise :p

D

DaveP

hey guys, how r we all? im a typical 17 year old, and as such, i want my ride to be loud! its sounding sweet at the moment with a straight through 2.5inch system, nice big oval tip too, but i want more! excuse my ignorance, but does cold air intake and air filters make your car louder? if so, how much am i looking at for each. any other suggestions you may have would be much appreciated.
cheers guys

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
It kind of depends on what you drive (sorry if I missed that) for options and price wise. I guess you already have a performance cat and muffler ? My old VL ram pod changed the sound but not much. Maybe a resonator ? Can't really comment on CAI as I'm still in the process. Aftermarket air filters help performance but would have little effect on noise. Ask around at good muffler shops and check out other JC members replies.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Im in the process of making my car sound "better" but l've being hearing mixxed stories. So far l can either go hi proformance cat, 2 1/2 with two hotdogs or l've been told that dual exhuast would sound good. I've also seen a cannon on a vs commo (short) and that sounded tough. I don't know what l'm going to do. Best thing is to ask your muffler shop, they're in the buissness so they should know.
I do recomend getting better extractors though, maybe pacemakers?