Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

noise/whine

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
What type of rotors did you install? Slotted rotors can sometimes make a noise like you have described.
not slotted,but is it possible cheapish ones can be nasty like this? i brought tora rotors and pads all round.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ohhhh, Tora rotors and pads......... Right......

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
even though i think i can read what you are saying,AND thennnnnn

Tora are cheap and nasty...... Chances are there lies the problem. If you think you have a hub problem jack up the wheels and spin them by hand. You should be able to feel roughness, like you can on a 4WD. I'd say that as the problem developed after you fitted Tora, then chances are that will be the issue.

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
Tora are cheap and nasty...... Chances are there lies the problem. If you think you have a hub problem jack up the wheels and spin them by hand. You should be able to feel roughness, like you can on a 4WD. I'd say that as the problem developed after you fitted Tora, then chances are that will be the issue.
ok,thanks..can you give an opinion on a better rotor and pads?..maybe a link?..thanks ahead.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Lots of reasonable pads and rotors for VS. If your'e on a budget RDA street or DBA Street and a set of Bendix GCT, will work as well as the OEM gear. The above should set you back around $120 - $140 for pads and rotors on eBay.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I run QFM HPX and RDA slotted and they are not bad but they are more expensive. Very little brake dust with QFM and the are an upgrade over OEM and GCT.

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
Lots of reasonable pads and rotors for VS. If your'e on a budget RDA street or DBA Street and a set of Bendix GCT, will work as well as the OEM gear. The above should set you back around $120 - $140 for pads and rotors on eBay.

I run QFM HPX and RDA slotted and they are not bad but they are more expensive. Very little brake dust with QFM and the are an upgrade over OEM and GCT.
awesome,thanks for that...i`ll let these go a bit as i just put them in(as in the brakes work fine other than noise) and i`ll check all them out you suggested.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
auto trans level is way high,like way above the hot reading and its cold
Not good for transmission if its that high, extra fluid cause big problems from high pressure causing seals to leak, frothing the fluid causing air bubbles reducing viscosity starving parts from protection therefore grinding metal, hard shifting is another issue with to much fluid.
Still haven't heard a brake howl or whine only high pitch squeal or grinding and scraping sound.
I haven't used Tora my self so wont comment on them, Have to be up there close to RDA they made in china like RDA, I doubt that's the issue or they be doing it all the time, maybe sort out your trans maybe new fluid and filter to see if its not the issue facing down hill which will put more pressure on the transmission.

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
Not good for transmission if its that high, extra fluid cause big problems from high pressure causing seals to leak, frothing the fluid causing air bubbles reducing viscosity starving parts from protection therefore grinding metal, hard shifting is another issue with to much fluid.
Still haven't heard a brake howl or whine only high pitch squeal or grinding and scraping sound.
I haven't used Tora my self so wont comment on them, Have to be up there close to RDA they made in china like RDA, I doubt that's the issue or they be doing it all the time, maybe sort out your trans maybe new fluid and filter to see if its not the issue facing down hill which will put more pressure on the transmission.
Yeh,needs attention.was going to suck out what i think is right but maybe mite just get a mechanic to drain replace filter.thanks.