Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

noisey interior fan on vn

andy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Commodore Executive....and a London bus
This noise just started all of a sudden, when I turn on the fan, it makes this sound like a playing card is stuck in the blades or something. I notice it makes slightly less noise on the recirculate mode, and also it increases in pitch as I increas the fan speed. Man its annoying, hard to hear anything over it.

Can't switch it off, cause these Sydney nights are just too damn cold, got to have the heater blow'in!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yeah im getting that problem too. it disappeared for a few days after i cleaned all the leaves from underneath the bonnet, but now its back. maybe give that whole area a good clean?

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
I had that problem, until I pulled the black plastic kickpanel out on the passengers side (up under the glovebox) to run some wires and copped a face full of leaves.

Turns out that there was one stuck in the fan assembly and it was hitting the blades. Fairly common problem as far as I know.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Yep i have leaves myself that come in at the feet of the passenger side. You think to yourself if they get in what else does:eek:

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Where do they get in FROM? That's what I'm more interested in.

Where is the air pickup for the cabin ventilation system?