Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Noisy Drivers Door Window

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
so its been covered but i pulled it all a part sprayed silicon all over the felt areas and now the creaking window is louder! wtf

the tip is to let the window down 5mm and it stops which indicates what..

next i will drive without the door card on to test what that does, but im think the whole door felt groove thing that lines the whole upper door needs replacing?

or even the doors rubber seals along side the door latch

200,000kms of use and everything wears out?

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Use your silicon spray on the rubber door seals too. Grease up the door latch area.

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I have same problem, VT
But my issue may be because of door replacement from accident damage and what I was given on the day from the emergency wrecker fix. Maybe hinge is little out, not sure
I can see visible gap at the middle of the door to roof , like the door is bent in the middle, I don't think this is possible but it must be why it's creaking
If I put window down a bit, it also stops as you say
What silicon spray are you supposed to use?

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
The silicon spray that costs nearly $14 at supercheap grrrr total rip off lol yellow spray can
Can u try a new door? Gumtree has random wrecks or if u got upullit in your state

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
I had a good look today and tested for squeeky points on the seals and door but an even more obviois squeek came from the black centre piece that sits between the back and front door

The piece also over laps into the roof gutter piece and it also is layered under the front door when its closed. I put silicon under it but i think grease will be better
Photo tomorrow

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
I had a good look today and tested for squeeky points on the seals and door but an even more obviois squeek came from the black centre piece that sits between the back and front door

The piece also over laps into the roof gutter piece and it also is layered under the front door when its closed. I put silicon under it but i think grease will be better
Photo tomorrow

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
this website is unbearable now. Its not your fault mate for the triple post

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Gumtree sellers might provide on the cheap

VT13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina V6 Sedan
My VT has had the same issue for the last 5 years or so.....both front windows rattle (in line with vertical suspension movement) when fully wound up, no damage on the doors or seals. I just manage it by ever so slightly cracking them down from the full up position which stops all window rattle/squeak dead.

I remember reading some time ago that there is a stop screw that sets the upper/closed position and that the fix is to adjust this screw down slightly. Theory being that the windows are pushing up too high and the subsequent tension/tight fit causes the glass rattle. Personally though I have never bothered to investigate further, been happy enough just pulling the front windows up a little short of fully closed.

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Hi mate i actually adjusted the stop screw tonight i can confirm it makes i difference

I moved mine up a centimeter easily

Havent taken it on a big drive yet but on the short drive home mr creeky didnt appear

Only took 2 minutes with an allen key