Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Noisy Fan (Climate Control)

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
gday guys.....just a quick one...is there any easy fix for a noisy fan in a vx berlina? other than turning it off?? lol

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67, ln106 hilux, xr600r
unsure where the fan is located on the VX, but on VR's it is located behind/under glovebox, i had it suck a peice of paper out of my glovebox and jam inside the fan lol, pretty sure that was just a freak accident but :)

Pete_VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hi all. I am having the same problem as King_berald with my VX Belina: interior fan is ticking consistent with the speed selected. I looked through the Vt Blower Fan thread as well but I'm a little reluctant to start ripping the dash apart unless someone else has done this before with their VX! Is it as easy as you found with your VZ kinga, or am I looking at more lengthy job?

So - anyone removed their blower fan in a VX?

JuzAndBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 3.8
Yes, I have removed my ticking fan from my VX Berlina. Very easy 10min job. Remove kick-plate under glove box, look under and there's the fan cover, remove cover, see fan, remove 3 bolts and plug frrom fan and it drops down. I took apart and cleaned fan, put it back in and it still ticks loudly on low. I suspect worn brushes or something. Rang Holden for a laugh and was quoted $230 for a new fan. Time to hit the wreckers - no guarantees it won't tick but worth a shot at $10 each time.