Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Noisy lifter

thewizzle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Hi, first time poster and not sure if I'm in the right place but I have a reco LS1 with mild cam and after driving for 10 - 15 mins I get a loud tick coming from the rear passenger side of the engine. If I turn the engine off and wait 30 secs give or take, then start it again the tick will fade away after a few seconds. This has happened all three times I've taken it for a drive. Btw the engine hasn't even done a 100 kilometres yet. Does anyone have a theory on this?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi, first time poster and not sure if I'm in the right place but I have a reco LS1 with mild cam and after driving for 10 - 15 mins I get a loud tick coming from the rear passenger side of the engine. If I turn the engine off and wait 30 secs give or take, then start it again the tick will fade away after a few seconds. This has happened all three times I've taken it for a drive. Btw the engine hasn't even done a 100 kilometres yet. Does anyone have a theory on this?
Take it back (or flat bed it) back to the engine builder.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
As above take it back to engine builder and definitely do not keep driving it, you’ll make it worse!

thewizzle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
As above take it back to engine builder and definitely do not keep driving it, you’ll make it worse!
Well that's the problem. I bought the engine from the Gold coast and had it sent up to North Queensland. I haven't spoken to them yet but I'm guessing they might just wipe their hands clean of it. I need to explore other options. I guess I'll have to sort it myself.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If you bought the engine from a business, it’s seen as a consumer purchase and they can’t wipe their hands of the issue. In such cases ACL will apply and the defect must be repaired, including any costs (consequential loss) suffered getting the engine/car to them for repair.

Continuing to drive it in that state will only increase the problem and shift the liability to you.

Get advice from a local mechanic/engine builder and then discuss the issue and how to proceed with your state consumer group.