Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Noisy rear end VZ Crewman

Daniels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman
Have a Vz crewman has a grinding niose coming from rear end replaced pads and hand brake pads and it still makes it . The clips and springs that came with the hand brake shoes were not on the vehicle with the old shoes and there is no place for them I presume they are for IRS models? . I am still convinced the niose is from them as they are a snug fit . Or is the niose from the diff ? maybe other crewmanns have had similar problems

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
my diff was making a noise and it was the lsd cones grinding. holden changed the oil under warrenty and the noise came back about a thousand kays later. i then changed the oil twice and have done about 5000kays since and the noise hasnt returned.
does it make the noise all the time? mine was only when turning, cold it would only do it while going backwards and once i done about 50kays or more it would do it going forwards. i did notice it did stop again going forwards if i was to do about 250 kays or more straight without stopping.

Daniels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman
the niose is all the time might try new iol