Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nokia car kit and pioneer head unit

M

mada

Just wondering if any one can help. I have just bought a pioneer DEH-P4850 head unit and a nokia CK-7W blue tooth car kit. The car kit has a mute wire that goes to the radio but it doesnt look like the head unit has a mute wire. Can I hook the mute wire up to any other wires on the head unit?
Any help would be great

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
In the instruction of the stereo it should have a wire for the telephone or phone wire.. :) :) :) :) I know Kenwood do :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Pretty sure thats where the wire from the car kit goes onto that wire so when your phone rings it mutes the radio

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Actually...that model Pioneer does NOT have the telephone mute option. Although all is not lost.

You can add the feature for about $5 extra bucks :)

You need to go and make a purchase of a 5pin relay and make sure that the relat has pins 87 and 87a. A pair of 87 numbered pins will not work.

Cut the accessory wire going to the cd player and put the end that goes into the cd player to pin 87a. Now, the accessory wire coming from the car needs to goto pin 30 AND pin 85

You will now put the radio mute wire from the car kit to pin 86 and hey presto whenever your phone rings the radio will SWITCH OFF it won't pause it it will completly switch it off and then switch it back on when you hang up. I know this isn't as good as simply muting the radio but hey...I can work miracles...the impossible takes me a little longer.

Oh yeah...btw... you will have a spare pin left over on the relay (87) put a spade connector over it without any wires coming out of it to make sure that it doesn't earth out aginst the body of the car and pop the radio fuse.

M

mada

Thanks for the info guys. Didnt worrie about hooking up a relay. thought if i dont hear the call it's not important.