Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nolathane caster kit creaking/grinding

jnrphoenix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Ute
Hi all,
New member here, been perusing this site for many years and have only just decided to sign up. Looking for some advice/help.

Just installed a nolathane caster kit in my vz sv6 ute. Since doing so it's been making a strange creaking/grinding noise from the front end. The funny thing is; it only does it when I drive it first thing in the morning. The rest of the days its fine.
The noise could be caused from breaking, turning into/out of a drive way (not under breaks). I've had it up on the on the hoist again to double check it all and it seems fine. I'm not too knowledgeable with front ends and suspension/bearings etc.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
I would think there is some movment in it. Take it to pedders. They do a $ 28 check. Better to be safe than sorry

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
I had a similar noise coming from front after rebuilding the front end, only thing I didn't do was the lower control arm bushes which was the noise/creak maker, check them out!

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Did you grease up all the bushes including the inner rods that go inside the bushes?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
to all the experts , where are grease points on the lower control arm ?? I'd like to know ??

jnrphoenix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Ute
Thanks everyone. I had mate install it who has done dozens of them at his work. I wouldn't think he would neglect to grease it, I witnessed him grease it. Got some good points to look at though thanks guys.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
But wrong grease will bugger the Nolathane quick smart!

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
There's no grease points, just when you replace a bush, particularly with nolathane or any type of non rubber bush, anywhere the bush touches metal or another bush, as they can be 2 piece, need to be lubricated with the provided grease. For instance, with the caster rod kits, or control arm bushes, grease needs to be applied on the flat surfaces where the washers touch the bush, around the inside of it where the tubing goes inside the bush, as well as around the outside where the bush makes contact with the control arm.

Forkboy78

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi all,
New member here, been perusing this site for many years and have only just decided to sign up. Looking for some advice/help.

Just installed a nolathane caster kit in my vz sv6 ute. Since doing so it's been making a strange creaking/grinding noise from the front end. The funny thing is; it only does it when I drive it first thing in the morning. The rest of the days its fine.
The noise could be caused from breaking, turning into/out of a drive way (not under breaks). I've had it up on the on the hoist again to double check it all and it seems fine. I'm not too knowledgeable with front ends and suspension/bearings etc.

Hi all,

Hello I just done my
Hi all,

Hello I just done my caster rod bushes on my vz I to am getting a creaking nd grinding noise aswell only in the cold morning or when first driving the only time it does it makes the noise when drive over the same ditch in the road.Did you end finding the problem and does anyone know the torch wrench settings..greased all the bush including the z bar....any help on would great thankyou