Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nolathane caster kit creaking/grinding

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
My vx was the same after I put a 4 point kit in the rear. Mine was due to lack of lubricant . I found out after I sprayed some wd40 onto the bushes and the noise stopped .

Forkboy78

Reaction score
Members Ride
My vx was the same after I put a 4 point kit in the rear. Mine was due to lack of lubricant . I found out after I sprayed some wd40 onto the bushes and the noise stopped .
Yeah I was thinking it had something to do with the grease and being a new bush and cold mornings done the rear but not the inner control arm bush but I don't think it's that...I'll give the wd40 a shot first..and did torch if so how much I did mine 24nt ...thanks for your help mate

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I did a full front end bush replacement on my VY last year,
and its got a bit noisy about a month ago, pulled it apart and cleaned all the bushes, and greased them up again.
Nice an quiet again.

Last edited:

Forkboy78

Reaction score
Members Ride
I did a full front end bush replacement on my VY last year,
and its got a bit noisy about a moth ago, pulled it apart and cleaned all the bushes, and greased them up again.
Nice an quiet again.
Ok...what grease did you use mare

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Ah spelling check...mate.

I used the grease they supplied, seemed a bit thin to me,
However, that didn't last,
So I used bearing grease this time,
Don't drown it, just enough to place a film on them,
Some say its not the correct grease, but its works for now.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I have superpro bushes throughout my car. Been like that for a couple of years without issue - no noises at all. Harsher conditions (corrugations, dusty dirt roads, potholes etc) than most sedans will see and haven’t regreased them at all.

Forkboy78

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have superpro bushes throughout my car. Been like that for a couple of years without issue - no noises at all. Harsher conditions (corrugations, dusty dirt roads, potholes etc) than most sedans will see and haven’t regreased them at all.
Superior are the ones I used they are good..it hasn't done it today just installed on the weekend I think I might need to give the bushes grease time to were in...ps do you know the correct torch wrench setting standard 6CYL vz...thankyou

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Superior are the ones I used they are good..it hasn't done it today just installed on the weekend I think I might need to give the bushes grease time to were in...ps do you know the correct torch wrench setting standard 6CYL vz...thankyou

With the thousands of front ends I have rebuilt, not one has seen a torque wrench, nor have I had an issue with a failure as a result of it being fitted

When you fit them, grease them, as has been said and make sure you turn the parts so the grease is all the way around them....

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I love the old 1/2" hand torque wrench settings, tight with a couple of smacks with the hand tight is just right.