Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nolathane strut tops!Any good?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Radius rod & strut tops always preferred to stay with rubber...everything else usually superpro types

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Radius rod & strut tops always preferred to stay with rubber...everything else usually superpro types

Why are radius rod bushes better in rubber. I have link bushes in urethane but they seem to have compressed and lost shape. I'm hoping it's the cause of my knock. Hoping to find some in rubber if Repco sell them.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Lots of different theories but basically put is raduis rod needs some give to help brakes when car nosedives as radius rod moves otherwise no give only thing left is tyre tread & locks up easier.

Strut tops prefer rubber as less noise & some insulation being rubber obviously less likely to hear or feel every bump or rattle...they also last longer if car driven alot.

Sway bar links bend or break...bound to happen for rough roads or like corners at speed....think some models z bars are now available,been a few years since looked at them as I'm more into weekend cruisers & drag raciing.

Have noticed people like to do swaybar links up really tight which I think shortens the lifespan....was very common to regularly bend on vt-vz not really earlier commodores.

zx7rtas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5SPD WAGON
So now, I go to assemble all the strut components back together,and just for good measure I check the nolathane strut mounts that I have been running against a standard one and they are about 10mm thicker.Should this be so?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
So now, I go to assemble all the strut components back together,and just for good measure I check the nolathane strut mounts that I have been running against a standard one and they are about 10mm thicker.Should this be so?

Yes, the standard rubber collapse over time and distance.