Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

normal readings for vs?

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
yay finaly all the gauges are in, so i dont have to anoy you with questions on how to install them!

however i do want to know, what the normal temps and pressures are

water- 1/4 - 1/2 the dash gauge (every one knows that)

oil pressure in BAR: ?

oil temp: ?

just so i can see if shes runnin fine or not

thanks in advance, cheers

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
1 PSI converts to 0.07 BAR
At idle a vs v6 should have an oil pressure of 62 PSI and at any engine speed over approximately 2000rpm this increases to 66 PSI. So, using these figures you should have a pressure reading of 4.34 BAR and 4.62 BAR respectively. Im not sure about the oil temp sorry. Hope that helps.

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
brilliant mate! thats right were shes sitting!

thanks heaps for that - im guessing that as the oil warms up the oil pressure is lower, when the oil is hot om the tepm gauge the vs idols at 3 bar

your a champion, thanks for your help!

now i just gotta get the oil temps!

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
ive got 5psi oil pressure at idle lol. its getting rebuilt atm.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i'm interested to see what oil temps your getting. mine takes ages but eventually gets upto 210degrees F (about 100degrees C) i can get it hotter by really giving the loud pedal a workout. i've also noticed once it is upto temp variations in watertemp don't seem to effect the oil temp much (if anything) although i do run a 82degree thermostat so my engine runs cooler then normal.

my VN with (ecotec oil pressure spring) idles at about 60+psi when upto temp

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
in the last 2 days ive noticed that mine gets up to and stays arround 100c (goes over but not under) i have noticed that the gauge is a lil dicky tho and under heavy breaking the temp rockets up, the needle bounces when the indicator is on and when the sterio is up loud or under a heavy bass load it bounces arround lots, but the normal temp is between 100-120c, again im prety heavy footed, actualy i think my foot is made of lead but most of the time its between 100 and 120, ive noticed the same with the water temp, has little or no effect on oil temp and my oil pressure is arround 4bar under normal conditions, but when the oil is hotter (around 100c+) it sits around 3 (some times 2) bar, when im off the throttle

sounds prety similar to yours!

Last edited: