Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

North Korea, Nuclear weapons, your thoughts?

Marco-EFIVL

Now driving R34 GT-T taxi
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Skyline, R34 GT-T (RB25DET NEO) sedan
Yeah I heard of Stephen Pressfield, I have 'Gates of Fire', the story of Themopylae. Where 7,000 Greeks (Including the famed 300 Spartans) faced of a Persian army of some quarter of a million strong, such numbers not seen untill the Roman crisis under General Marius in Rome circa 100BC.

I assume you've either got this book, or have read it...

You are joking...you are worried about going to war but you are joining the army? This is exactly why so many people have left, we were getting far too many sooky la-la's wanting to discharge because they couldnt handle 3 months in East Timor...i suggest you don't join if war frightens you. (this is coming from someone who spent time in N.A, and E.T on Live op)

I didn't say it frightens me, I had four (confirmed) relatives fighting in WWII, and their stories have been vividly passed down unto me through my father and grandfather. Slaughter is not glourious of one slither romantic, but if war must be fought, then someone must fight it... My parents are worried, sure, I can stay home, but then, who will protect my freedoms, who will shed that blood of sacrifice, is everyone is too scared of conflict and if people are too shaken in uncertainty, then who will defend us in our hour of need?

I am simply stating war is essencially a bad thing, blood shed, death and destruction are not good things... I have also highlighted that we live in times of great imbalance and uncertainty, a situated which could easily foster a very bloody and costly conflict. Which in my mind, is as close to a fact as you can get, I'm merely outlining that, but, all in all, we need a strong army, with personel ready to fight... Am I willing to see if I am able to take up arms? You betchya mate...

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
History

Yeah I heard of Stephen Pressfield, I have 'Gates of Fire', the story of Themopylae. Where 7,000 Greeks (Including the famed 300 Spartans) faced of a Persian army of some quarter of a million strong, such numbers not seen untill the Roman crisis under General Marius in Rome circa 100BC.

I think I have read all of Pressfield's books and have actually written down some of the qoutes. I am sure you know about the sarissa, which was the long spear used by the Alexander's foot soldiers. After battle they would stack the sarissa in standing positions and the wind would blow through it and make a high pitch whistling moaning sound. A piece of poetry was created for that and I have written it down and memorized it for its beauty:

The sarissa's song is a sad song
He plays it short and slow
I'd ply a gentler trade, says he
but war is all I know.

Someone once intelligently said, brave men are fools because smart men cannot both be smart and brave simultenously. It is an adversal oxymoron. As for me, I believe that bravery is intelligent enough to recognize you have fear, but having the character to rise above it. After all, if a man does no fear a lion, is he not a fool?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

I didn't say it frightens me, I had four (confirmed) relatives fighting in WWII, and their stories have been vividly passed down unto me through my father and grandfather. Slaughter is not glourious of one slither romantic, but if war must be fought, then someone must fight it... My parents are worried, sure, I can stay home, but then, who will protect my freedoms, who will shed that blood of sacrifice, is everyone is too scared of conflict and if people are too shaken in uncertainty, then who will defend us in our hour of need?

I am simply stating war is essencially a bad thing, blood shed, death and destruction are not good things... I have also highlighted that we live in times of great imbalance and uncertainty, a situated which could easily foster a very bloody and costly conflict. Which in my mind, is as close to a fact as you can get, I'm merely outlining that, but, all in all, we need a strong army, with personel ready to fight... Am I willing to see if I am able to take up arms? You betchya mate...

What corps are you joining out of curiosity?

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
What corps are you joining out of curiosity?

what about yourself minux what were you in? my stepdad was a medic (done 22 yrs and now is out) i always wanted to go in as a combat engineer:thumbsup: or get into bomb desposil, but now i think i'll just go reserves and see where i best fit.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
"Low orbit satellites should be able to identify the explosion based on the light emitted by the explosion."

Good point Doubleshadow. The test was an underground test though...all you would see, even if you were looking, was a huge rumble and a slump as the ground collapsed to fill the void beneath. You might have seen old film of this happening...pretty spectacular!

I think that, nuke or not, they have made thier point...the whole world is discussing things with them now...trade, treaties, concessions, etc. Looks like it worked!

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
I think that, nuke or not, they have made thier point...the whole world is discussing things with them now...trade, treaties, concessions, etc. Looks like it worked!

Are you talking about north korea? if so then thats good, probably all they ever wanted was to be taken seriously.

Marco-EFIVL

Now driving R34 GT-T taxi
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Skyline, R34 GT-T (RB25DET NEO) sedan
"Low orbit satellites should be able to identify the explosion based on the light emitted by the explosion."

Good point Doubleshadow. The test was an underground test though...all you would see, even if you were looking, was a huge rumble and a slump as the ground collapsed to fill the void beneath. You might have seen old film of this happening...pretty spectacular!

As the saying goes, there is nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to loose...

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I think this quote from Team America World Police sums it up nicely :)

We're d*cks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid d*cks. And the Film Actors Guild are pu**ies. And Kim Jong Il is an a**hole. Pu**ies don't like d*cks, because pu**ies get f**ked by d*cks. But d*cks also f**k a**holes: a**holes that just want to sh*t on everything. Pu**ies may think they can deal with a**holes their way. But the only thing that can f**k an asshole is a d*ck, with some balls. The problem with d*cks is: they f**k too much or f**k when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pu**y to show them that. But sometimes, pu**ies can be so full of sh*t that they become a**holes themselves... because pu**ies are an inch and half away from a** holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us f**k this asshole, we're going to have our d*cks and pu**ies all covered in sh*t!

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I think this quote from Team America World Police sums it up nicely :)

We're d*cks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid d*cks. And the Film Actors Guild are pu**ies. And Kim Jong Il is an a**hole. Pu**ies don't like d*cks, because pu**ies get f**ked by d*cks. But d*cks also f**k a**holes: a**holes that just want to sh*t on everything. Pu**ies may think they can deal with a**holes their way. But the only thing that can f**k an asshole is a d*ck, with some balls. The problem with d*cks is: they f**k too much or f**k when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pu**y to show them that. But sometimes, pu**ies can be so full of sh*t that they become a**holes themselves... because pu**ies are an inch and half away from a** holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us f**k this asshole, we're going to have our d*cks and pu**ies all covered in sh*t!

how does that sum it up nicely?

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
yeah its true that does work probly will be a bad example being only a "tv show" but there was an example of this yesterday on blue heelers the really dangerous guy had his ex wife and kids out to the car from the house hostage at gun point jos peroni came up with the usual freeze police
the dangerous guy said ill shoot her mate
jos replyed you dont wanna do that mate you shoot her ill shoot you
the dangerous guy again says ok then ill shoot you
jos replys also bad idea mate by the time you swing that gun on me i will have had 2 lodged in you
dangerous guy oh yeah
jos yeah cmon mate this is my last day as a copper im getting fired 2morro i got nothing to lose
dangerous guy lost his balls real fast

like i said probly not the best example but i know i would sure as **** be worried if i came across someone with nothing to lose