Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

North Korea, Nuclear weapons, your thoughts?

Tekka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VR Commodore
Just wanting to know what your guys thoughts are on the whole nuclear weapon testing and such, i think it's getting abit sus, i mean what does it need them for unless they want to launch them and take over countries.....

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
dig a 20 meter deep hole and steal just about everything out of a shopping centre, put it down there, build a roof over it with a vent tube, cover the roof with dirt and hide for the rest of my life...............
they are just showing off their power to scare off anyone who wants to rage war against them

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i dont know much about the situation, but maybe they jsut want america to realise that the US cant control the world

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
hmmmm, id take their nukes and use them on them. when u start doing that you're gonna get it... sooner or later

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
i dont know much about the situation, but maybe they jsut want america to realise that the US cant control the world

Exactly. Put yourself in their situation. The US has taken over Afghanistan and Iraq and is talking about action against Iran. The US is constantly making aggressive comments to any nation that doesnt play their game. If you had someone threatening you all the time you would try and attain anything you could to protect yourself too.

Its not feasable for the North Koreans to try and take over any other country. The US would destroy them if they tried. Not many people realise that the solution to the Korean war put forward by General Macarthur was to drop up to 50 nukes on both North Korea and China to basically wipe both countries off the map. The only reason this was not done is because Harry Truman dismissed Macarthur. The plan had wide support in the government and the public but Truman vetoed it. The North Koreans would be acutely aware of this and probably believe that the US would drop nukes on them right now if given half a chance.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
this is gonna make an awesome South Park episode .....

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
why should america be the only country with nukes? and don't say they can be trusted cos they can't, they'd drop nukes on us if it was beneficial to them.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
i think the argument these days is why do they NEED nukes.

These days wars shouldnt be started and ended with big bombs like that, there should be trade sanctions and a financial rape of the country.

If anyone listens to trippleM (105.1 in melb), then youd hear spoon man talking to a bloke called Alex who is in the pocket of the US intel reports, he has the right idea (as you'd expect). If no more tests are done then this will be ignored, if however they decide to play funny biggers the idea of america sending troops in (not bombing), is likely because they can justify it to their people very easy (local targets in North koreas range).

Personally id love to see emperor short and stubby bombed into the ground, just him, not the country, not saying the whole country deserves what they are getting atm but they are a ****ed nation and things need to change there.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
The thing is though, that north korea seem to be a pretty agressive country, and i dont know if they should have nuclear weapons. The US isnt going to use nuclear weapons against north korea, they know what sort of international outrage they would cause. Personally, id rather as few countries as possible had access to nukes, and n.k gaining them means one more country that could do something stupid and cause a huge 'nukefest'. At least with the US having nukes, we know that theyve been pretty good with them and have only used them twice in 60 years, and only to stop the overwhelming invasion by the japanese.