Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NOS Stock Parts Wanted

Hgprem01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
Im after NOS parts to finish my work in progress. What have you got?

Last edited:

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
you would be lucky to get NOS parts for a VK, cause Holden don't have them anymore, also Rare Spare don't have any early girl commies parts either.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Exactly especially things like NOS crome moulds for bumper bars are becoming very sought after and its only early days yet. Holden are completely out of stock I bought my last front set out of SA and my rear bar set out of Brisbane.

Ebay has had a few odds and ends floating around from time to time but some parts are going for stuipidly high prices like I found a set of scuff plates on auction at the moment aleady going for a stuipid price with 7 days left on the auction
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4573002828

Most VK enthusiests have stock piled parts for their cars months ago and wont be parting with them anytime soon.

cheers
Scott

J

j'sVK's

What parts are you after? I am currently getting most repro parts made in China and importing to Aust.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I am not saying your stuff is crap I dont know what you sell but how about repro parts of a decent quality most repro stuff I have seen is mostly crap, and not identical to the originals. I dont want to turn this into a bitch session but if your able to provide quality repro stuff you have me lining up to buy some stuff.

Things like Chrome moulds for the bumper bars, SL/Berlina eyebrow moulds for the tail lights, cerulean coloured interior parts like window winders, arm rests, all colours sunvisor retainer clips,door scuff plates, front seatbelt B pillar covers....

The list could go on and on with parts on most peoples wish lists but I have listed a few sought after parts just for starters.

cheers
Scott

Hgprem01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
Well maybe we can turn this thread into a good quality list of aftermarket suppliers, and known wreakers that do have some NOS parts avaliable.

I have found some parts from Holden, it really depends on the spare parts guy/girl you get sometimes.

Also a wreaker in Melbourne called Holdent had some parts.

I recently picked up a NOS bonnet for $55, why would you bother with second hand for that price.

Headlights are avaliable on ebay for $35.00 at the moment, but I like many other people would pay a little more for them if the had the same look and feel and more importantly fit like the orginals.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
I'm in the process of buying NOS parts for the restoration of my VC. If you thought VK was difficult try finding parts for the earlier models! I've bought most of my original Holden stuff off ebay, and while it's not cheap I know I am getting original. While panels seem to come up regularly enough (probably because there was once a market there for Holden with regularly damaged items), other bits such as exterior chrome trim pieces are bordering on impossible to find. As per what Scott was saying, I too am happy to buy quality repro stuff.