Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not a commodore question....but????

tara1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII S-Pack commodore
I need some help with a non-commodore related question, my sis has a Mitsubishi Lancer, and after all the rain that they have had in Qld lately the car has been filling with water. It's only happening on the right hand side of the car (ie: drivers floor and behind driver seat passenger floor) and I've checked the door seals and pulled up the carpet to check the bottom, but to no luck.
Does anyone here have ANY IDEA as to where all the water is coming from? Cause it's absolutely saturated and I'm worried about the fabric and carpet going mouldy, not to mention it smells as musty as hell.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
check the windscreen mate on the drivers side

tara1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII S-Pack commodore
done that too :bang: nothing from what I can see. Looks like it's coming from underneath somewhere? Or engine bay?

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Could be coming through the air-vents for the air con/heater system. Make sure the bit that the water runs down isnt blocked. Its the bit under the bonnet right up near the firewall, if that makes sense :p

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
grommits was my next guess

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Go through a car wash and see if it comes in then.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
My son bought a new Mitsubishi Mirage (similiar vehicle) a few years back, shortly after getting it he was getting wet carpets, at first they said must be a window seal or he had not put the window up fully, they replaced the carpet under warranty and a few weeks later carpet was soaked again.
In the end it turned out to be a section on the firewall down the back of the motor where 2 panels joined had not had enough body sealer placed between the joints, they had to remove the complete dash assembly and reseal the panel, water was running down the windscreen and back off the bonnet then running down the firewall and into the cabin, once it was fixed the carpets never got wet again.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
This ones Easy.... Take it to the Wreckers and tell her to get a Commodore :yeah: :thumbsup: :w00t:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
This ones Easy.... Take it to the Wreckers and tell her to get a Commodore :yeah: :thumbsup: :w00t:

then you get more water coming in

any more specific year the car is, possibly could look into if there is a water leak fault