Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

not a happy chap

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
i found this little bluey today when i was moving an old fence that had fallen down, hes only a baby one theres a pretty big one getting around maybe 200mm long,

anyone else got some good wild life around their house? ive seen koalas around here too

Attachments

• lizard1.jpg
    lizard1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 159
  • lizard2.jpg
    lizard2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 153
  • lizard3.jpg
    lizard3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 136
  • lizard4.jpg
    lizard4.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 129
  • lizard5.jpg
    lizard5.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 143
  • lizard6.jpg
    lizard6.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
200cm long? Thats hugggggeeee

Only last year i caught a big adult male bluey in our front garden...in suburbia. Bloody fiesty bugger he was, dropped him off at our friends who do work for Fisheries and wildlife, biggest they had seen for a while. They guess he had wondered through as the new ring road is being constructed right behind that house. They sound and look scarier than they actually are.

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Haha it aint happy,found one in my yard a while back around the 30cm mark,just grab em behind the front legs you'l be rite.

I took it down to the local creek/wetland area & let him go,would've let it stay but the dogs probably would've killed it.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR

Only last year i caught a big adult male bluey in our front garden...in suburbia. Bloody fiesty bugger he was, dropped him off at our friends who do work for Fisheries and wildlife, biggest they had seen for a while. They guess he had wondered through as the new ring road is being constructed right behind that house. They sound and look scarier than they actually are.

I think he might mean 20cm ;) 200cm = 2m... and then that's not a blue tongue, thats a dragon.

We have a few out the back, they spend most of their time in a recess under the swimming pool. Usually pretty docile, they slither around the place when they think no one is looking, find something to eat/shag, then slither back :)

cracker

Reaction score
yeah his pretty pissed off, they can be very very agresive little buggers, not that hed be able to do any damage.
Iv been keeping them for years, and breed 2 litters, he would be about 12-18 months old, probley would have been born around march last year.
also im guessing he is what they called a "common" blue tongue
im so sure about 2m long blue tongue though... it would probley eat your dog/cat

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
We have blue tongues, 4 different snakes, Koalas are resident here in the yard, so are Kangaroos and 2 different kinds of possums. Kookaburras, Magpies, couple Owls, few bats, 4 or 5 different parrots, willy wagtails, blue wrens, the odd echidna cruises past. That's about it NO WOMBATS :(

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride

wow my bad 200 mm

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
I thought blue tongue bites are bad - from an infection standpoint ?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
We have blue tongues, 4 different snakes, Koalas are resident here in the yard, so are Kangaroos and 2 different kinds of possums. Kookaburras, Magpies, couple Owls, few bats, 4 or 5 different parrots, willy wagtails, blue wrens, the odd echidna cruises past. That's about it NO WOMBATS :(

yeah we get the bats really tiny ones about the size of those really big moths, yellow tailed cockys they make a mess, had a tawny frogmouth here once we had an echina here about 5-6 years ago and im not sure but it might have been the same one probably 2 years ago i dunno if theyre wanderers or if they hang around the same area, theres kangaroos further down the road, are willy wagtails those tiny little birds with the longtails?