Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not a vn but a mazda with a vn v6

oyamum

Reaction score
hey guys i have an 87 mazda b2000 ute with a vn series 1 v6 and 4spd auto i have a couple of questions...

1st the car stinks of fuel and has realy bad fuel consumption (although hard to tell how much fuel it uses as my guage dont work but thats next question hehehe) anyway so i think its running rich anyway to tell 100% ? and what is a common problem to cause this??

2nd my temp gauge dont work never has i used to have gauges on the bonnet 1 of which was a temp gauge but now i wanna try and use the stock 1 will it work if i find the stock temp sendor and plug it to the temp gauge wire for the dash?? or will they be out of sink?? i no it sounds stupid but just not 100%

3rd and final same as 2nd question but for the fuel gauge if i run the wire from my sender unit off my tank up to the stock wire on the cluster will that work??

thanx in advance and any help would be good

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Do you have the speedo wire setup to divided the signal by 5 anywhere?, better question. Is the speed sensor wire pluged in :)?

oyamum

Reaction score
runs a custom speedo cable from the vn box into stock cluster. not 100% what was done with that as it was done when i bought it...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I had a problem with the coolant circuit in my ecu failing not long ago causing it to read cold all the time and run rich, you might have that problem. It's supposed to be faily common

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
ide say no speedo pulses to the ecu as well.unless it has a kalmaker speedo adapter or pulses from the speedo in the dash.im guessing it hasnt had the check engine light wired up either so wont be showing any codes for it.also check the vacuam hose for the fuel regulator on the drivers side fuel rail for petrol leaking out of it

oyamum

Reaction score
yeh doesnt have the check engine light which is strange becuase its engineered and i always thought that you had to have that wired up to pass engineers... ill check the hoses thanx mate...