Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NOT.BT1's VH project

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
yeah cheers mate i'll let you know it will be a few months down the track but it will defenetly be done

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Thing I learnt with my car is sound and other fancy crap like guages aren't really important. What is, is getting the beast to a satisfactory and roadworthy condition. :thumbsup: Worry about that crap later :)

Hey mine passed with alot of that, i had my baby set before she hit the road :thumbsup:

- Low - got any plans for installing different interior plans? would be a mission to remove the front seats by hand..

I have VN front seats in mind to install in my ride, only casue VN parts are everywhere in my area.. id never install buckets.. those seats cant be good for a persons back :p

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
im looking into a set of vt/vx seats in the long run but until it is on the road im not spending money on anything that is not needed for roadworthy cant afford to atm i got sl/e door trims aswell but that is about it for the interior first thing im buying when i get it roadworthy is a new head unit wasnt very happy when mine died but you get that when you have a 3 year old head unit cant expect much more than that it was cheap when i bought it so yeah

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
clear vk indicators next week have the right here just bought the left off ebay cant wait i hate the ugly orange ones next on the list is vk side mirrors and vh sl/e taillights then new H/U should be painted in about 3 weeks i hope

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
so, brendan...
how is the beast?

been driving it at all? :)

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
nah no driving yet got to get a carbi kit next week and new air filter, fuel filter, oil filter, plugs & leads and do an oil change also want to get the trans serviced new brake fluid and brake pads and then when it is painted it should be ready for roadworthy i want to get it registed asap cause i can get my P's in a month then save up get it lowered and all new bushes owe and a new head unit

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
If you want to service your transmission, there is a few tricks about going about it :)
Just need to borrow my cousin's special torque wrench and you get yourself a gasket kit and I'll come around. :)

As for other bits like filters and leads, do you know how long ago they were replaced? Might be ok.

Do you know if the motor had new lifters installed? If they wern't replaced at reco then add that as another thing to waste more money on :D Maybe take the head off too and replace the head gasket :D

As for the brake system, I can help you out with that too. A good refresh of brake fluid would do it good. :)

Man I love these old motors. They are so damn simple to work with. You almost can't go wrong. Give me a shout some time ;)

Last edited:

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
yeah your right mate they are eazy to work on when i scrape all the bits and pieces together i'll buy a slab and give you a call mate the only reason i want to change filters and every thing is my car sat unstarted for 18 months and i dont want to think about what the oil and oil filter would look like and i think its safest to do a full service before i get my lisense cause i will be backwards and forwards to nsw to see family and friends

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
thanx mate should pass ezy *touches wood* when im finished doing what i want to do to it and if they nock me back i get a list of what needs to be fixed so then i will know what to do anyway cant wait til its regoed and i get my P's so i can enjoy it for a while but im not going to rush it cause thats when something goes wrong it will be finished in its own good time