Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not fast enough

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
Sounds like you may have to improve your auto starting technique. Left foot firmly on the brake and right foot on the accelerator. Before you are going to take off, you need to "stall" the trans by pressing down on the accelerator for a second or two, while still holding the car stationery with the brake pedal. When lights change, take your left foot off the brake pedal and press down fully on the accelerator.

Don't "stall" the trans for more than a couple of seconds, or press down too far on the accelerator, or you could damage the trans. You need to experiment on the length of time for the "stall" and also how far you press down on the accelerator, to minimise wasted wheelspin.

Hahahaha the joke's thread is elsewhere.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You might think it's a joke, but you'll take off like a rocket.

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
Sounds like you may have to improve your auto starting technique. Left foot firmly on the brake and right foot on the accelerator. Before you are going to take off, you need to "stall" the trans by pressing down on the accelerator for a second or two, while still holding the car stationery with the brake pedal. When lights change, take your left foot off the brake pedal and press down fully on the accelerator.

Don't "stall" the trans for more than a couple of seconds, or press down too far on the accelerator, or you could damage the trans. You need to experiment on the length of time for the "stall" and also how far you press down on the accelerator, to minimise wasted wheelspin.

I was laughing about the comment above, I know how to launch a car.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If your trans has issues that would be the 1st place I’d be looking mate, then things like a hi stall, diff gears 3.46 from a manual ss would be a good upgrade if you’ve got a bit of coin then supercharger

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I'd be checkin' the loose nut behind the wheel.

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
I'm going to get the auto rebuilt if I can find someone to do it, will change the stall to a 3500 like EYY said, a supercharger would be nice but to pricey at the moment.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Are you in the north or the south? Harry is the best in the state but he is not taking on any more work. @Dylan kingswood knows a bloke down south.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
I can rebuild it for you if you want I'm in Hobart.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Deleted