Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not fast enough

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
That'll go well. Got a roadblaster in mine, very happy with it - had a larger cam though (probably a little too big).

I hope it goes better than well haha I'm sure it will, the tuner said the roadblaster is a good converter I'm sure I will be happy with it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I hope it goes better than well haha I'm sure it will, the tuner said the roadblaster is a good converter I'm sure I will be happy with it.
you're getting the trans rebuilt too aren't you? Get some upgrades fitted when they overhaul it, i believe some upgrade parts are already fitted from factory when the trans has a V8 in front of it.

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
Be sure to do all the lifters, timing chain set, valve springs, pushrods etc when the cam goes in

When I got back to the car after talking to the tuner I jumped on eBay a started looking haha, I'm thinking rollermaster double row timing gear, but not sure about spring's and rod's anybody got any recommendations.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
When you buy the cam buy the rods to match the cam. Mace Engineering will set you up with a cam and HD push rods. Do you have memcal? Mace will sell you a chip as well matched to the cam. Then you can dyno it once you get all te upgrades done. With the Mace package it will be close, tune wise.

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
you're getting the trans rebuilt too aren't you? Get some upgrades fitted when they overhaul it, i believe some upgrade parts are already fitted from factory when the trans has a V8 in front of it.

Yeah I want it built to handle some boost later down the track.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I want it built to handle some boost later down the track.
You might want to consider a 4L65e then. Other members would be able to say for sure though whether the 60e can be built strong enough to handle boost.

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
When you buy the cam buy the rods to match the cam. Mace Engineering will set you up with a cam and HD push rods. Do you have memcal? Mace will sell you a chip as well matched to the cam. Then you can dyno it once you get all te upgrades done. With the Mace package it will be close, tune wise.

Already have the cam, LS pcm's are flashed based and don't have memcals.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought for some reason you had a 304.