Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not fast enough

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
Hi I own a VX SS auto, it has had a mafless tune done and I still get beaten by V6 commodores, PLS help.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What diff gears? How long since the trans has been serviced? My V6 ute should have no hope against an SS, i have rockers, CAI, Pacies and tune but an SS should **** all over my bus, even lugging the extra weight of a VX.

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
What diff gears? How long since the trans has been serviced? My V6 ute should have no hope against an SS, i have rockers, CAI, Pacies and tune but an SS should **** all over my bus, even lugging the extra weight of a VX.

Factory diff gear's, transmission has issues, the cars that are beating me are l67s.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
A sluggish trans will slow you down for sure. Sometimes a service brings them right, other times are are just too old and need an overhaul. I'd start by fixing the trans before looking at other mods.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
3500rpm histall will sort it, Ls’ love to rev. L67 make all their right power off the bottom. Diff gears keeps the ls happy too - 3.46 is one of the better ratios for the ls and quite cheap compared to other ratios. Currently have 3.9’s and happy but 3.46’s for my next ls project already lol

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Sounds like you may have to improve your auto starting technique. Left foot firmly on the brake and right foot on the accelerator. Before you are going to take off, you need to "stall" the trans by pressing down on the accelerator for a second or two, while still holding the car stationery with the brake pedal. When lights change, take your left foot off the brake pedal and press down fully on the accelerator.

Don't "stall" the trans for more than a couple of seconds, or press down too far on the accelerator, or you could damage the trans. You need to experiment on the length of time for the "stall" and also how far you press down on the accelerator, to minimise wasted wheelspin.