Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not fast enough

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Already have the cam, LS pcm's are flashed based and don't have memcals.
Did the cam not come with push rods? Given its an LS i believe the heads are fairly easy to slip off and freshen them up, compared to a 304.

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
You might want to consider a 4L65e then. Other members would be able to say for sure though whether the 60e can be built strong enough to handle boost.

I've seen the Americans building 1000hp 4l60e's, i will be happy with half that power at the rear wheels.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You might want to see if Harrys Gearboxes will build your trans. Its unlikely he will take on the job as he is not accepting new jobs but he may. Getting him on the phone is a bastard though.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wouldn't trust anyone else in the north of the state. If Harry won't take it on you need to look south. I have a trans tech in Launceston but I wouldn't trust him to build a trans and especially to the spec you need it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Who's going to do the dyno tune, Boost?

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
The cam is a used one and has only done about 5000k's, didn't come with pushrods.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Cam won’t come with pushrods. You need to measure with an adjustable ‘checker’ pushrod upon assembly and order the right length. Ls’ are considerably more difficult to work on than the 304. Although the earlier (vn-vs) commodores are a pos to work on due to a very tight engine bay.

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
Cam won’t come with pushrods. You need to measure with an adjustable ‘checker’ pushrod upon assembly and order the right length. Ls’ are considerably more difficult to work on than the 304. Although the earlier (vn-vs) commodores are a pos to work on due to a very tight engine bay.

Thanks mate I'll buy one of those adjustable pushrod checkers, I've never worked on a vn-vs 304 before but I did own a vh with a 308 and that was a pita to work on.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Hey utel67

I really don't want to purchase a kit from overseas, can I buy a rebuild kit of a local place or can you supply a kit.

Your better off getting the kit yourself, check out the parts list in the street and strip kit on pro built automatics site, those parts in that kit won't be cheap locally.