Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not felling the Manta 2.5 exhaust

parry_7811

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssvf 2014
Hey all
I recently got the new exhaust and otr, tune for my ss vf ute 2014
2inch headers
High flow cats
Tune
OTR
2.5 inch manta catback

Now the only reason I gone for manta was good reviews online but after having the system I cant feel any of that v8 rumble or deep note
On high revs it sound like the stock with some extra vibration but no deep note
This my first time owing an v8 and doing any modification and not really happy after spending premium dollar on the mod, the power is like a beast but no satisfaction from sound. What could be done in this case? garage people says the system is great and I got to give some to mufflers to break. What you guys opinion

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
Hey all
I recently got the new exhaust and otr, tune for my ss vf ute 2014
2inch headers
High flow cats
Tune
OTR
2.5 inch manta catback

Now the only reason I gone for manta was good reviews online but after having the system I cant feel any of that v8 rumble or deep note
On high revs it sound like the stock with some extra vibration but no deep note
This my first time owing an v8 and doing any modification and not really happy after spending premium dollar on the mod, the power is like a beast but no satisfaction from sound. What could be done in this case? garage people says the system is great and I got to give some to mufflers to break. What you guys opinion
did you get the medium or quiet system?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I had a manta 2.5 on mine. The note is subtle. It will get louder and deeper as you pass 1000kms and lots of heating / cooling cycles

I changed to a Walkinshaw (Difillipo) cat back and changed rear mufflers to more free flowing units and it sounds unreal

Woodsy104

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore SSV Sedan
My car has a manta system (3" stainless catback with manta cats and long tube 1 7/8" pacemaker headers) and it has the v8 rumble. But I have the medium noise system.