Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

not low enough

T

tgolds1

hi everyone, i got my ute lowered this week with king spring super lows and shorter shocks but it only dropped it 50mm in front and 45 at the back. i wanted to know if it will continue to drop as they settle cause i want to get another 10-15mm out of her.

N

NXNVR-6

No I doubt it will settle any lower. Iv got Kings Superlows in my VR and its not all that low in the back. My suggestion would be Ultra lows in the rear, because the problem is, Commdores seem to sit higher in the rear.

T

tgolds1

what springs should i go for (brands) if i want to make it about 10-15mm more (60mm front and 60-65mm back)? i got quoted that lovells will go 2.5"... any others?

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
Have the superlows reset to your desired hieght.

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
tgolds1 said:
how can you do that? i'm not 100% sure what you mean...

Springs can be reset, whereby they are heated up and compressed to specified measurements. If you're in Melbourne I can recommend places that can do it for you.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
I had Kings in the ute, SSL at the back and SL at the front, I ended up with 75mm at back and 65mm at front. Didn't scrape my 18"s one bit, as NXN pointed out utes sit higher at rear, hence when I dropped to 75mm at rear it levelled the whole car out so it sat nice and level and LOW!. Due to my overly **** angled driveway, any lower and I'd be forced to park it on the street!. So I was happy with the end results, nice and low but not the "too low to get over a snake" result. I see you went for shorter shocks, they decent riding ones? if you don't want your ute to ride as hard as a rock decent set of shocks goes a long way. That's just my opinion, don't know if you young blokes like the slammed/harsh ride these days. Perhaps I'm getting too old for this ****. :eek: