Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not painted properly

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Paint on the VF, like a number of other item is done on the cheap compared to the VE/ VZ.

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
Yeah just making the point that they don't make em like they used too!

slleb elgnij

Reaction score
Members Ride
fj
hi all just found when washed car that if I open the front door and look in between the door and the front guard that it is primer not paint on both sides as in drivers and passenger side not on the door trim but on the other side of the door looking forward as in the back of the front qauter panel. Can all the VF commodore owners out there have a look at yours and let me know if it is the same as mine. I'm fairly peeved at this and feel that for a 50000 dollar car that this is not good but that is just my opinion.
Cheers
All

My SV6 Sept 2013 build...1st cab off the rank...is painted perfectly from top to bottom and all nooks and crannies are painted....with no undercoat showing....I think the painter got the sack half way through painting your car...it is definetly not right....maybe the production people are getting sloopy with the end in sight....and do not care with 2017 looming....sorry to hear about your $50 grand investment....there is something wrong....has it been in a smash....the salesman will tell anything and they do not care....sorry to be a bearer of bad news.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
I've seen this on plenty of new VE's and VF's. It is more noticeable on some colours, due to the colour of the primer. It's not just in the doors either, there's other areas of the car, particularly in areas unseen, where the base coat doesn't completely cover the undercoat.

Holden is not the only brand that has paint like this, as alluded to previously.

Craft1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SS ute
Na hasn't been in a crash it only had 88km when I picked it up I will be talking with my dealer on Thursday as the sales manager is on annual leave till then

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
I would be going further up the food chain than the dealer if I was you!

We also have another holden and the dealer tried ripping us off with a part, one message to holden themselves and that was quickly resolved! Got the part at cost in the end.....

What colour is your vf? Mine is a my15 in nitrate and never noticed any paint defects apart from the bumper shading issue in certain light conditions!

Craft1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SS ute
Mine is jungle green and to me it is very noticeable if you know where to look if you are standing side on to the car you can't tell but I will notice it every time I shami the car after washing and it is going to p me off everytime I see it

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
As previously mentioned can you post some pics of the issue?

Depending where it is I would probably just spray it myself.... not on an outside panel though!

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
I had a look at mine this morning and it is the same! I wouldn't have noticed it only that you mentioned it here!

Doesn't bother me as you only see it when the door is fully open and you are looking for it.... well at the moment anyways! If it bugs me later on I will spray it....