Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not sending fuel.

Lookatthisbloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline
Hi guys. Hopefully someone can help me with my problem. I have a vn 5.0l, initial problem was that the sender unit wasn't working, then i noticed that it would shudder and stall when it got to around half tank of fuel.
Just replaced the sender unit with new pump fixed to the unit. The fuel gage now works but car wont start. Thought it might be the external fuel pump so just replaced that too. Still wont even start, i can hear the new pump power up but nothing. Ive checked the line to the external pump and there's no fuel. Cant seem to get fuel from the tank to the pump.

Any other ideas what it might be.? Thanks guys.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Changed filter? filter on the right way? Hoses on the right pipes?

Also don't start a new thread for the same problem, just reply to the original post.

Lookatthisbloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline
Hi, sorry for the second thread, thought it didn't get posted. Fuel filter is new and pipes are on the right way. Weired because fuel wont get drawn to the external pump....

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Did you note the direction arrow on the filter?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sounds to me like the return line and main line have been accidentally mixed up. I did it when i replaced my pump. The pump primed and sounded exactly as it should just no fuel to the rail.