Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not sure if able to be registered?

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
Screenshot_2013-10-10-23-22-52_zpsc6a0bbea.png

My mate was offering to give me this to fix as a project but I am not sure if I would be able to re register it?

Anyone had any experience with this?

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I believe currently any 'write off' in NSW is considered a statutory write off, which means it cannot be re-registered.
But if it was written off prior to these rules, then it may still be considered a repairable write off. Best contact the RTA office to confirm

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
NSW Transport Authority said:
This means that, from 1 February 2013, no vehicle, regardless of when it was written-off, will be able to be repaired or re-registered without the prior approval of Roads and Maritime Services. RMS will only grant an Authorisation to Repair if the eligibility criteria are satisfied.

It's doable, they just added more hoops from January 31 2013 to reduce rebirth and ripoff.

Written-off vehicle laws - 2013 changes < Written-off vehicles < Registration < Roads and Maritime Services

DavoVP

Reaction score
I just gave that web site a go on my current vehicle, Got a no information available please check VIN response. I am seeking a refund as we speak.