Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

(not sure if this is the right place)

yeeeezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VZ Calais (on P's)
Hey, not sure if this is even the right spot for this but here goes.

Been on this site for a bit but never signed up and decided to now .

got my L's and almost got my P's so ive started looking around for some decent commodores or even a nice Calais or somthing.

So i was wondering what you goes think would be a good price for me 2 pick up a VL, VR or a VS Commodore/Calais for, not expecting that much just anuf for it too run so i can get it home and then start making if mine.

any help would or advice would be great thanks.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
you could get an alright VR/VS for under $3000 im not sure sure about the VL i was never a fan, i bought my VR acclaim for $3500 in 2007 it was in good condition. you might get a calais for around that probably more im not really sure

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
forget vl's they are overpriced tbh, vr/vs calais would be reasonable, even a nice berlina

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
if you can afford a VT theyre nice bit slower than the earlier models but i reckon theyre a nicer ride youd be looking around 5500-6000 for a really basic one, it really depends on what your looking for in a car, do you want fuel economy, something you can cruise around with your mates in, power, smooth ride, do you want a big car or a small car? yeah so iif you looking for something small with fuel economy in mind you could look at something like an astra or a vectra, something on the larger side would be you commodore, or larger again to a stato, personally i reckon a VL isnt the way to go because theyre old and generally have high Ks VR/VS are good and cheap also your VN/VP which are also a good car i personally dont like the look of them but if thats what takes your fancy, i personally wouldnt go older than a VN unless youve got dollars to fix things that are gunna break after high Ks and a flogging the last P plater gave it before you got it.... lost my train of thought anyway um if theres something specific your looking for in a car look for that maybe make your decision from there

yeeeezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VZ Calais (on P's)
yeh looking for somthng that has a bit of power (not V8 cause of that stupid rule there bringing in lol) but also somthng that is good for a smooth ride, so yeh looking at a few good VR/VS's or even a VT as you said. Just chucked the VL in there cause IF you can get a nice 1 that hasnt been fkd around with and what ever you can make it a really good car

Victimiza

LG, v8.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II SS 380rwhp, VZ calais
buy a vs mate, heaps of them around to source parts, good to learn your way around a car on and in, reliable, and with some bolt on mods, can be quick too. VS was my first car, got a solid two years out of it, hardly babying it either, plus still runs after being hit in the arse end too :)

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Our local Holden dealership sold a VT SS 5.0L for $5250 yesterday....they only got it the other day as a trade in, and gone yesterday. Not that it helps u much, but they're definitely getting cheaper.

dbarnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V M6 UTE
Try to get something that already has some nice stuff done to it already, I kind of wish I took that path, as it will save you a fair bit, and dont get an executive, get something like a Berlina at least as they have the better things to them e.g. chrome trim, power windows, trip computer etc, and the prices are not much different to the pov packs