Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

not sure with panhard, and other's..

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Went to Pedders a while ago, and i was told a new panhard bar was needed. Its quite loose, you can shake it around. Now is Peeders just trying to sell the whole bar, or do i just need to replace the rubbers in there..? Secondly, what are the bits of rubber called that sit on the top and bottom of the rear springs? are they called insulators? I read in another thread that they were only $2.50 each, is that correct?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
yes that is correct.
If the panhard bushes are flogged out you should be able to replace them only, but if the bar is bent or metal around the bush is worn get a new one.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
should i be able to tell if the metal is worn around the bushes just by looking at it?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
yeah probably , tho it would be easier once you get it off and take tha old bushes out. If your car is real low that might be why they said that. If not -those bushes are cheap, maybe $20 each so give it a go, should be a piece of cake.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
they quoted me $50 supplied for the panhard bar, which i just assumed includes the rubbers.. Can you drive without the panhard on? only ask so i could take it off and inspect, and then get what i need without removing, re-fitting then removing, and then refitting again..whaow..

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Just pull the bar off and stick some rubbers in it it doesn't take long, just two bolts. Its a MAJOR part of the handling of the car and if you can shake it around the car would be terrible to drive and pretty much a death trap on the highway. So fix that asap. Just go and buy the rubbers they are less than 10 bucks each I'm sure

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
$50 for a panhard rod? I would say that is just for the bushes, probably quoted you polyurethane bushes.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I know you can deffinatly get Factory panhard rod rubbers, not sure on the whiteline ones tho, I did however when installing my panhard rod push one of the rubbers out (cause wasn't lined up properly) and they seem easy to remove and replace just depends whether they're the same as factory ones, but knowing whiteline they're prob a completely different shape and don't make replacement bushes.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The factory rubber bushes are 1 piece, and are a mongrel to replace. Aftermarket ones are 2 piece and are easy to do.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I had no trouble with the factory ones, just lubed them up a bit and pushed them in, I don't think it took me long, was just a quick job on the front lawn after work one day. The two piece red urathane ones the car came with were stuffed. A really good suspension guy told me to go factory rubbers there