Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Not what you want to find in your work carpark

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
If she is at fault (obviously) you can get a hire car of the same type/value as yours for free.
So you"ll still have a car to drive, just not yours specifically.

Sorry about the damage. Look on the bright side, if you had any gutter rash on that rim, it will be gone as it looks like you"ll have a new one.

Shhhh, you don't work for sgic do you?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I doubt the insurance company will replace the wheel. Either buff it off, repray it, or second hand one.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Is she good looking???:idea3:

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Well then, nice **** fight.

Matty, is good you know her and that you can get it sorted.

Im assuming insurance is gonna cover it as she has admitted to it and also you have her details and therefore should be covered to have a hire car?

But yeh man, new panel, new door and new paint and new wheel likely as well (unless you can fix that)

Good luck

Cheers bro, yep it's all good. Claim has been made and is being assessed tomorrow.

Maybe blue stripe rims will come into fashion????

Probably shouldn't have looked but this kinda pisses me off more.

uploadfromtaptalk1373885465274.jpg

The damage to her car is naff all. Bloody spring loaded bumpers. Cut and polish and she's fine.

:banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
To those of you screaming for a loss of licence for a scrape in a car park, wait till you have a mishap.

It can happen to anyone, even the Peter perfects on here.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Been scared of car parks since having brand new car. Got 1 scratch in 2 years but I go for street spots now. I get a laugh at the shopping car park speedsters though. Do they think they will stop when another goose pulls out on them. NTFB

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Its a **** feeling to come Back to your car and see that. My last car got hit and the repair wasnt up to scratch, before i had a chance to get the repairer to fix their work i got hit again in the same spot. Used a different repairer and job was mint.

It's one of those things though, my 6 year old 90,000km SSV has no carpark scars although I created some rules when I got it new:

- never park it in the parents with prams, even though I have a 15 month old.
- never park next to a car with a 'baby on board' sign as door dings can happen when your unloading a defiant baby.
- always try and park kerb side, or on an isle end where you can park right against the kerb,
- and most important, never park next to a Camry. If the owners cared about cars they wouldn't have bought a Camry :)

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Well good thing is, if you get a hire car, you can have fun.

Nothing like a good hire car to go over speed humps in.

callan91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega 3.0L Series 2
I wouldn't say a loss of license is needed..

though..
If she does not have the care/attention span/ablility/eyesight or ####s given to not hit your care (and you were well within the line), how should we expect her to do the same in a school zone or pedestrian crossing.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
If she does not have the care/attention span/ablility/eyesight or ####s given to not hit your care (and you were well within the line), how should we expect her to do the same in a school zone or pedestrian crossing.

What a load of rubbish.

You are comparing swinging into a car park space with driving in a straight line along a road. Stop being over dramatic or get a job as a reporter, they love to over sensationalise.

As I said before any one of you, even you, could one day misjudge and scrape your car. I don't care how perfect you think you are and that this could never ever happen to you. None of you are invincible or above an accident.