Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Novated Lease Price on VF Calais V Sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I think I am getting short-changed as they are not even discounting the RRP ($46990 plus $3000 on-road costs)

Told them I am not paying RRP if they claim on their website "you can take advantage of Maxxia's nation-wide buying power and get a great deal on a new car"

The drive away price is $49,990 giving us a discount of $1,287.73, taking GST off that it comes down to $45,445.45

Kindest regards,

I am keen on the new VF after previously owning a VC and VS Commodore (and happy with both) and that Ford are shutting up shop in Australia. (Ford XR6 BA MK2 current ride)

The 3rd quote has come in and has beat the last one,

$47,892 drive away including on roads less GST $43,539.

Last edited:

Jetter

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Thanks for that pricing info. I too am keen to get a VF Calais V Wagon on novated lease also so really interested in the pricing you have been offered.
Interestingly enough this SMH article at the end notes tah the "Target market: Middle management on novated leases and older private buyers loyal to the brand."
Drive - Holden VF Calais V V8 Review
If this is true then surely it would be reasonable to expect some competitive pricing, albeit if Holden's pricing has already been firmed up at the dealer level.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Hi,

Checking the Holden website for a Sydney postcode shows a drive-away price of $52,087 for a Calais V with premium paint, or $51,507 with non-premium paint.

If the final price for premium paint is $47,892, that is nearly 10% discount over RRP. 10% could be a good starting point for negotiations.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Hi,

Checking the Holden website for a Sydney postcode shows a drive-away price of $52,087 for a Calais V with premium paint, or $51,507 with non-premium paint.

If the final price for premium paint is $47,892, that is nearly 10% discount over RRP. 10% could be a good starting point for negotiations.

You realise the price I quoted is for a Novated Lease with Fleet Pricing, not just walking off the street. The the GST is also not paid either.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'd say you are mad for buying one now.

1. Have you driven one?? (or even seen it in the flesh)?
2. Discounting will be minimal for 3 - 4 months at least

Word is that fleet discounts for VF will be minimal compared to other previous models as Holden are moving to the Malibu as the fleet special (due this month!). I'd suggest waiting till the end of this year or Jan/Feb 14 (if you have the option) to bet a 2013 plated runout deal.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I'd say you are mad for buying one now.

1. Have you driven one?? (or even seen it in the flesh)?
2. Discounting will be minimal for 3 - 4 months at least

Word is that fleet discounts for VF will be minimal compared to other previous models as Holden are moving to the Malibu as the fleet special (due this month!). I'd suggest waiting till the end of this year or Jan/Feb 14 (if you have the option) to bet a 2013 plated runout deal.

no I haven't driven one. not sure the point you are making. I have put my name down at my local dealer for a test drive.
I appeciate your purchase advice but I am quite capable of making informed decisions on large ticket items.
I am saving $10K on the driveaway price with the Novated Lease .

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
no I haven't driven one. not sure the point you are making. I have put my name down at my local dealer for a test drive.
I appeciate your purchase advice but I am quite capable of making informed decisions on large ticket items.

I thought the point of the thread was the best way to find a big discount??? In your original post you said you were saving $1200. If you have managed to turn $1200 to $10k then congratulations but no need to get shitty when you get answers to what you asked.

Last edited:

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt

Obviously you're not capable of making informed decisions. Otherwise you wouldn't be rambling on a forum. If you're happy with what you're doing; then YAY! Gold sticker for you.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I thought the point of the thread was the best way to find a big discount??? In your original post you said you were saving $1200. If you have managed to turn $1200 to $10k then congratulations but no need to get shitty when you get answers to what you asked.

This is what Maxxia are telling me. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. It wasn't clear to me how they arrived at this discount $1287 .73 as they were quoting me the RRP $46990 plus $3000 for on-road costs and just removing the GST, so I wasn't getting any discount off the RRP. So I pushed them for a better deal as any astute person would. Fekason https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...e-price-vf-calais-v-sedan.218117/post-2456812 quoted $52,087 so yes it is nearly $10K and no I am not getting shitty.

Still don't know why I need to drive one /see one in the flesh before I negotiate a deal. I am a previous Commodore owner (VC and VS Acclaim) so I know the product and I would take one for a test drive when they are available at my local dealer.

The original price was $45,445.45 excluding GST , now I have a price of $43,539. So nearly $2 grand less.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Obviously you're not capable of making informed decisions. Otherwise you wouldn't be rambling on a forum. If you're happy with what you're doing; then YAY! Gold sticker for you.

Why do you need to troll? Do you have anything useful to add or just troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.