Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Novated Leases!..

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
Ok, I did a bit of a search and found a few people that had Novated Leases, but no real information about what they thought about it, or their experiences with it. Anyways...

It has come time to consider going down two paths, keep the VT SS and continue pouring money into it, or replace it with a newer car... Now we all know spending hard-earned on a car is never really going to gain you much other than a car that will depreciate in value, but if its salary sacrificed though a novated lease it reduces my tax quite significantly (I am in a higher tax bracket earning approx. 100k per annum).

So I am putting this out there to the peeps that have a novated lease to provide a bit of information, and their thoughts about it.

What is your situation (If you don’t mind me asking)?
What sort of lease do you have (maintained or lease only), and with who?
Has having a novated lease verses buying a care been of benefit to you?
Is there anything in particular I should look out for?

Obviously I am going to seek an account’s advice before considering the Novated Lease option too much further, but I was hoping to gauge other thoughts and opinions on the matter so I can make the most informed decision possible.

Thanks Heaps!

-Cul