Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
My factory fitted battery from 2013 in my wags is still going strong(fingers crossed) cant imagine holden got awesome quality batteries so it must be because its not getting smoking hot in the engine bay helping keep it alive.Great idea.

As i posted before i got over 6 years out of my 2012 VE and could have been longer if i was driving the car more often.The Batteries were designed to last over 5 years because of the looming/offered 5 year car warranties.
Batteries will probably be the saviour of GM,i can't believe they haven't shown more gusto to fast track EV's.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Im surprised mine lasted this long,car only gets driven about once a week,if it gets left to sit any longer i put the c tek on it for a day.

Jake Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sedan
Whether or not you have one or two batteries, make sure they are appropriately vented. There should be a clear tube from one end of each leading down to a hole in the respective guard. This hole should have a rubber grommet. Last thing you want is potentially two batteries venting into your boot space/cabin.

Did remember to check that one mate. Luckily they both do