Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NRG 400 almost complete

aven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
Its been a long road because I didn't do it right the first time. In 11 years ive built 4 motors got them up and running than pulled them out for something better, first a holden stroker then a 550 hp 383 chev, then 1000hp 400 chev with 871 and now im settled on a approx 800 hp vortech 400 chev and no more that's it!!!!!!!!!!

DSCN050123.jpgDSCN049323.jpgIMG_0007b.jpgIMG_0008b.jpgIMG_0463.jpgIMG_0456.jpgIMG_0345.jpg

Now the new setup is up and running ready for a dyno and rego, just fitting the new dash atm. waiting on a electrician to get the wiring up to rwc. I do love neat standard cars and have respect for quality ground up rebuilds. But I love early birds that have gear in them that shouldn't be there :)
Im having trouble posting correct size photos, ill put a heap up soon once complete and put all the specs up with them.

Last edited:

aven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
im having problems with this thread so specs and new pics will be in my vehicle section.

aven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
I honestly dont I wish I found this forum years ago to share the progress from a stock straight 6 till now, I just put pics in my garage my vehicle and started specs list. hey thanks for the positive feedback EYY I was worried people in here don't like customs :)

aven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
thanks Brisbarnz, ill put some more photos up next after the dyno run once its registered again, im putting it on club rego so im waiting for my club to accept me as a financial member. looks like you have a nice old girl there too.

aven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
same here, I was told that they may be changing rules on older commodores in qld not allowing them to have ls engine conversions, anyone know anything?

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
same here, I was told that they may be changing rules on older commodores in qld not allowing them to have ls engine conversions, anyone know anything?

Haven't heard that one before.

aven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
Hey again all quick update looks like the great big hole I cut for the 8/71 wont pass roadworthy I need to replace the bonnet or weld a frame in to support the bones of the hood, also need to put slides/runners on my race seats so looks like I got to bust out the welder haha .