Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NRL Thread

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
A very understrength Kangaroos squad gave them an easy win - DCE as good as he is at club level still lacks a bit in rep.

No Slater, Thurston and GI out at half time it wasn't a huge surprise to see the Aussies go down, hope they do better next WE.

How come when the Kiwis were "very understrenght" during the ANZAC test no one was bring that up when the Kiwis lost? Also, we've been listening to the Aussies tell us that they could field three teams that would flog anyone else. When push came to shove the aussies got the hiding.

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
How come when the Kiwis were "very understrenght" during the ANZAC test no one was bring that up when the Kiwis lost? Also, we've been listening to the Aussies tell us that they could field three teams that would flog anyone else. When push came to shove the aussies got the hiding.

pretty sure you just brought it up :)

Supposedly DCE has a hip muscle tear or something, might explain his performance.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
pretty sure you just brought it up :)

And you brought up excuses and missing players ;)

Issac Luke, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Elijah Taylor, Alex Glenn, Sam Moa, Ben Matulino, Ben Henry, Sam McKendry and Sonny Bill Williams. Hows that for a list of missing players. 6 of those are or were guaranteed a start saturday night if available.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
And you brought up excuses and missing players ;)

Issac Luke, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Elijah Taylor, Alex Glenn, Sam Moa, Ben Matulino, Ben Henry, Sam McKendry and Sonny Bill Williams. Hows that for a list of missing players. 6 of those are or were guaranteed a start saturday night if available.

I said they GAVE them an easy win - meaning the Aussie squad didn't play good enough.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Didnt see the game but from what i heard DCE was a speed hump / turnstile all night.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The fact that so many leading Australian players chose not to be available says something about the way this competition is viewed, I think. I don't think the older players who would normally have been part of the team were even interested. There has been a bit of negative media coverage recently about the teams having to play after a lengthy domestic competition and public interest over here is hardly outstanding.

The younger players who were chosen in their place obviously were very keen and wanted to succeed but couldn't match the Kiwi enthusiasm and experience.

I'm not trying to offer excuses for the lame performance. I just wonder if other nations are treating this competition more seriously than the Aussies.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
The fact that so many leading Australian players chose not to be available says something about the way this competition is viewed, I think. I don't think the older players who would normally have been part of the team were even interested. There has been a bit of negative media coverage recently about the teams having to play after a lengthy domestic competition and public interest over here is hardly outstanding.

The younger players who were chosen in their place obviously were very keen and wanted to succeed but couldn't match the Kiwi enthusiasm and experience.

I'm not trying to offer excuses for the lame performance. I just wonder if other nations are treating this competition more seriously than the Aussies.

Matt Scott, Cam Smith, Cooper Cronk, Greg Inglis, Dally Cherry-Evans, Robbie Farrah, Sam Thaiday are all star players. So not missing star names. Not sure what is going on in Australia though 48,000 turning up for the first game would suggest that some one cares. Over here in NZ the 4 nations is big news and all the games are sold out.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Seven "stars" don't make a team - the result of the game showed that clearly. And didn't the Kiwis still have some of their "star" players in the game too? Pretty sure they weren't all no-names.

As I said, I just don't think many of the big name players give a toss about this competition. The number of them who simply made themselves unavailable indicates that, I think. They weren't all injured - some just said "no".