Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NSW - 1981 VC Commodore Stationwagon

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
ITEM: 1981 VC Commodore Stationwagon

YEAR: 1981

SERIES: VC

BADGE: Hard to tell, SL/E perhaps.

ENGINE: 5L V8 (308)

TRANSMISSION: Automatic (Trimatic)

COLOUR: Red/Brown (Two Tone)

CONDITION: Good

ODOMETER: 402,000

REGO TILL: 02/07

RWC: Pink slip? Registered car, no problems there.

PRICE: $7,000 OBO

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: TBA

PAYMENT OPTIONS: TBA

CONTACT DETAILS: Email: [email protected]

OTHER INFO:

Pedders power-steering
DBA slotted discs
New triple-core radiator, hoses and water pump (never overheats, not even at a standstill on a hot day)
Sports grille (original grille included as new)
Headlights, front bumper, bonnet and both front-side panels brand new
New paint-job on front half of car plus roof (including engine bay respray)
VK side mirrors
Chrome roof-racks
Little to no rust
Leaded engine, using premium unleaded
Super-plush molded carpet with high grade soundproofing underlay (including bootspace)
VT SS 17" Wheels (235)
Fair to good tread on tyres
Serviced regularly

Spent a fair amount restoring this car so far, but work commitments require me to purchase a work vehicle, so this one must go. Needs to sell reasonably fast, so all reasonable offers will be considered. Any and all queries to the above email address, all queries will be answered to the best of my ability.

PICTURES:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/billyjowright/Car/DSCF1730.JPG
http://members.optusnet.com.au/billyjowright/Car/DSCF1738.JPG
http://members.optusnet.com.au/billyjowright/Car/DSCF1739.JPG

Edit: I understand that the k's are quite high, so I will take all offers seriously, however I have spent a reasonable amount restoring and upgrading the car with top quality hardware and as I'm hoping to use the sale of this car to help finance the next purchase, so I can't afford to lose too much. I'm not 100% certain about whether or not this is the original engine or transmission, but I've never had any engine trouble and I can vouch for the car's reliability. The car runs perfectly and sounds like a dream, having quite a lumpy cam sound and a nice deep exhaust tone, roars like a lion. If anyone is interested in a solid classic V8 project, this is a great foundation. I've had all traces of rust removed and the spray job is top notch, so the majority of the work is focused around the mechanical side of the car, great for any enthusiasts.

Last edited:

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
Anyone is welcome to make any serious offers, all will be considered. I'm happy to meet up around the Sydney area most afternoons if anyone wishes to see it.

sk00bs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sle
nice looking car but that seems a little steep to be honest. i know you want as much money back as possible but the truth is, cars depreciates in value. no matter how much money you throw at it. like all those poofs with their lancers and civics.
i am in the market for a vh sl/e at the moment but i want a sedan. although i could end up buying taking a 7seater vl!

good luck mate

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
No doubt, it's unfortunate the k's are so high, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem.

Like I said, if anyone wants to make an offer, I'll consider it. I'm hoping I won't have to go down too much but I certainly won't be passing up a good offer. I priced it to give me a little haggling room, easier for me to drop down than to climb up.

Genesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E Station Wagon
Going down to $4,000 OBO. Car needs to go.