Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NSW driving test (P's) tips/advice

vsowner94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive s2
Hey everyone, im sitting my driving test in a week and wondering if anyone has any tips or advice to give or some stories. I am confident when driving and capable, parents and family friends say im ready same with my driving instructor and having the lesson before the test, still a bit nervous and curious on what they look for specifically, and yes i have looked in other posts and a bit of help but not a great deal.

walkahz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Wagon
Be sure to always indicate and ALWAYS do head checks. I got failed on head checks my first test. Make them obvious and exagurated as well to make sure they see.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
just stay calm and down speed man
in vic u can stall 6 times i think it is(manual)
headshecks
and check ur mirrors all the time
before u change lanes indicater on for a few seconds head check and then change
anddddd stop at a stop sign ;)

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Check for 40 school zones, he'll take you through them maybe. Make sure you turn your head when you check your blind spots. Check for cars when turning and give plenty of time for your self. Apart from that all the common stuff. 3 point turn and reverse parking and shiz.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
and dont clip any part of a round-a-bout because its an instant fail as my sister found out haha

impulsed_sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
dont try be to friendly either the guy i had didnt like it jsut be casual ull be right mate it not that hard i still passed and my guy had to stamp the breaks hard only cuase a car crash jsut happend infront of me but it was forgiven as it wasnt a intented part of the test

HuskeyVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
NONE
you already know what you have to do mate, biggest thing for me was the nerves. i stalled 3 times because of them and thought well ive failed now :doh: and all the stress was gone and i drove fine after and ended up passing :yahoo:

so just stay calm and try forget its a test, try get into your head it just another lesson

p.s good luck

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Be Sure not to speed, The 1st Instructor failed me, I Knew i was not though. The 2nd time i did the test, they again said i was speeding, so i argued that its not possible to clearly read the display from the passenger seat, term called parallax view, i then walked away with my Ps, Big words work lol
But just relax, indicate, do a million head checks, keep a safe distance, don't hit anything, If you come to a crossing make sure the pedestrian is completely off the crossing, they deduct points for that.

vsowner94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive s2
Thanks everyone :)
going in an auto so no need to worry about stalling :D
also checking mirrors, can anyone explain what exactly to do when to do it.
oh and impulsed, ive been told by everyone to strike up a conversation with him, try and find something he likes and talk to him about it